Lilygate Hotel located in the heart of Lekki Phase 1 is a new luxurious four star hotel with 74 rooms including 6 suites and a full range of facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laundry Attendant
Duties and Responsibilities
- Stores laundered linen and uniforms on shelves after verifying numbers and types of articles.
- Issues linen and uniforms, which are both to be exchanges on a clean-for-soiled basis only.
- Counts and records linen to fill requisition.
- Places linen and uniforms in containers for transport to laundry.
- Sort’s items and counts and records number of items soiled.
- Examines laundered items to ensure cleanliness and serviceability.
- Sends torn articles to the seamstress for repair.
- Assist Linen Room/Uniform Supervisor in checking quality and quantity of all new incoming textiles to ensure they meet the Hotel’s specifications and provide new incoming stocks with accurate stamps.
- Reports to the Linen Room/ Uniform Supervisor when stocks reach the minimum for order purposes.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Hotel’s Employee Rules & Regulations.
- To Report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Check periodically the condition of hotel linen and uniform.
- Should know basic tailoring works.
- Periodic inventories of linen and uniform.
- Ensure that the linen and uniforms are neatly and systematically arranged and stacked.
- Give on the job training for new joiners.
- Receives, sorts and double checks conditions of all linen and uniforms, records all outgoing and incoming from the laundry thoroughly before storing and issuing.
- Separates linen or uniforms that need repair and / or special treatment and forward it to the tailor and/or Laundry Manager for immediate action.
- Distributes cleaning rags on a dirty to clean basis.
- Performers any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
- Physical mobility and stamina required, Ability to follow instruction, Detail-oriented, Professional attitude is required, Ability to work independently.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Deadline Monday, 7th December, 2015.