Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls, a school dedicated to educating the total person – intellectual, spiritually, socially, physically and emotionally. Our ultimate aim is to create a new cadre of confident female leaders who are committed to making a positive difference
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Head of Boarding
- The post-holder will be part of the School’s Senior Management Team and, in addition to the duties described below, will play an active role in whole-school strategic planning, and general school operations and management.
- Dynamic, forward-thinking and outward-looking leadership of the boarding community.
- Strategic leadership and development of boarding which supports the philosophy, aims and policies of the School, and promotes a high level of achievement in all areas of boarding life.
- Ensure that parents and guardians are well informed about the School’s boarding policies and all aspects of the care and welfare of boarding pupils.
- Responsibility for the admission and selection of boarders to the School in liaison with the Registrar and Assistant Registrar (Boarding).
- Successful candidate will be a person with a caring outlook.
To be part of our exciting, inclusive and happy organization you will need to have:
- 5-6 years previous work experience in pastoral care.
- Certificates/Diplomas in Pastoral Studies
- To have knowledge of children’s developmental needs
- To have a basic understanding of safeguarding children procedures.
- Oversee the work of the Boarding Senior Management Team (the three Heads of Houses, Senior Boarding Matron and the Head of EAL, who is also mentor to international students) and meet with them regularly to discuss boarding matters and ensure consistency between Houses, particularly in relation to Boarding Regulations and welfare issues.
- Responsible for leading and managing members of the boarding staff, including the Houses, Senior Boarding Matron, Head of EAL and Health Centre Manager.
- Direct the House support staff in the execution of their duties, in liaison with the Senior Boarding Matron, Health Centre Manager, Estates Bursar, Site Supervisor.
- Deploy, train and develop all boarding staff to make the most effective use of their skills, expertise and experience and to ensure that all boarding staff have a clear understanding of their roles, duties and responsibilities.
- Oversee, in liaison with the Deputy Head, the training of Boarding Prefects to ensure consistency across the boarding houses.
- Establish, publicise and maintain a routine for the boarding houses.
Pastoral and Administrative Responsibilities
- Ensure the School’s compliance with the regulatory requirements of the National Minimum Boarding Standards and to liaise with the Deputy Head in preparation and running of the boarding inspection.
- Be familiar with, and develop further, a working knowledge of relevant legislation including the Children Act, Child Protection Act, Human Rights Act, Health & Safety at Work Act and the legal rights of children.
- Ensuring a visible and active presence in the boarding community and houses in order to develop a relationship with all boarders.
- Keep other appropriate staff, informed of pastoral issues relating to any pupil in the boarding community and manage these in conjunction with the Deputy Head.
- Inform and consult with the Deputy Head of serious pupil breaches of discipline or good conduct, and maintain a record of punishments awarded.
- Ensure that medical matters are dealt with appropriately in line with Noble Hall Medical Protocol and Practices, liaising with the Health Centre, the Sports Department and the pupils’ parents and guardians as appropriate.
- Ensure that all appropriate registration/attendance/absence records are kept for all boarders including signing in and out of the Houses, clear whereabouts of boarders during weekends.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and profile to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 17th December, 2015.