The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter sectors. NRC is therefore seeking a Finance Officer for the NRC Field Office in Maiduguri, Nigeria for 2015. The Finance Officer reports to the Area Manager.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: WASH Programme Development Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Commencement: January 2016
Contract period: 12 months
Report: The WASH Programme Development Manager reports to the Area Manager
- Develop WASH strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, WASH tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Responsible for developing funding proposals (including multi-sectoral proposals), project budgets and donor reports
- Overall management of project staff
- Coordinate and manage WASH project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Ensure capacity building of project staff (including training) and transfer key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Develop, manage and monitor budget(s) according to Financial Handbook and donor requirements.
- Develop and plan procedures and tools for implementation of WASH projects in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Document project achievements and deliverables
- Identify trends in conditions/standards and donor priorities and assess better ways to assist
- Monitor the WASH projects and ensure high technical quality and synergies
- Monitor technical quality of WASH projects and maintain transparency of implementation progress
- Scale up and diversify WASH operational capacity (recruitment & capacity development)
- Promote the rights of people affected by displacement and explore, asses and promote new and better ways to provide assistance
- Support and integrate gender, protection and advocacy priorities into WASH programme design.
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Emergency & Protracted crisis WASH assistance in rural and urban contexts;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Nigeria and/or West Africa an advantage
- Experience with implementation of Cash and Voucher approaches;
- Knowledge of local languages (Hausa, Karuni, Fulani) an advantage
- Experience of start-up operations is an advantage.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s International general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Duty station: Maiduguri is not a family duty station.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate can submit their application letter and updated CV to: email@example.com The title of the position (WASH Programme Development Manager Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any application received after the deadline will not be considered.
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.