United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Inclusive Sustainable Development and Poverty Reduction
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Additional Category: Management
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
This Returnee Community Focused Reintegration (RCFR) programme is organized according to the four main components enhanced in the NAM report:
- Livelihoods, resettlement and reintegration;
- Access to basic services;
- Security and protection of human rights;
- The purpose of the Terms of Reference is for the engagement of a state level Consultant based in Cross River state to cost the identified projects along with an action plan to ensure access to safe and sustainable drinking water and sanitation for communities (Bakassi Returnees) in Cross River, Awka Ibom and Adamawa States.
- The Consultant will work with the UNICEF WASH team to determine the scope of each intervention, guided by information on the proposed location, the target population and the tasks required for the achievement of results along with the resource requirements.
- There is existing information on the intervention areas in the Report on Inclusive and Sustainable development for peace and stability along the Nigeria/Cameroon border.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Desk review of the WASH situation in camps of the Bakassi returnees in Cross River, Akwa Ibom and Adamawa States
- develop the instruments for assessment;
- rapid assessment to determine the number of affected communities, households per communities and the population;
- work closely with the government partners in determining the water and sanitation needs and estimate the cost for rehabilitation/construction of water facilities and institutional sanitation facilities, where required;
- prepare a detailed bill of costed quantities for new feasible water and sanitation (institutional) facilities;
- develop the action plan along with the strategies needed to implement the identified activities. The template for the action plan will be finalized in consultation with the WASH specialist and should at the minimum include the list of activities, time line, estimated budget, implementing partner, monitoring indicators;
- develop work plans with UNICEF WASH Specialist) and submit monthly reports to him/her summarising activities and achievements against the agreed work plan using the approved formats for progress updates.
- Finalized Assessment Instrument;
- Rapid Assessment report with clear identification of needs;
- Costed Projects and action plan as per outcome 2 in matrix.
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Proficiency in coordinating complex technical consultation processes and in preparing technical specifications and bills of quantities for water and sanitation facilities;
- Strong organizational awareness, client orientation and advisory skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Social Science or Civil/Environmental Engineering, water and sanitation, Public Health, or any related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in programme planning, implementation and monitoring preferably in water and sanitation sector;
- Experience of humanitarian assessment processes in the area of WASH;
- Experience in the area of WASH in humanitarian an advantage.
- Excellent report writing and analytical skills in English.
28th December, 2015.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Deadline: 18th December, 2015