University of Port Harcourt Jobs for Vice-Chancellor
The University is located in Choba in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State, about 30 (thirty) kilometers from Port Harcourt Metropolis. The Institution was one of the seven Universities and University Colleges established by the Federal Military Government of Nigeria in 1975. Its establishment was the culmination of a long and sustained demand for a University in Port Harcourt prior to and following the Report of the Ashby Commission in 1960 which recommended the establishment of an Institute of Technology in Port Harcourt. This yearning was actualized in early 1975 when the Federal Military Government announced the establishment of seven new Conventional Universities and University College, including the University College of Port Harcourt.
On October 1, 1977, the Federal Military Government granted full University status to the University College of Port Harcourt which is now known as the University of Port Harcourt.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the disposal of unserviceable items belonging to the University of Port Harcourt.
- In accomplishing this duty schedule, the successful candidate will be expected to liaise with the Physical Development Administration (PDA) Unit in the Council Division to identify and follow due process in disposing such items that may be listed as the need may arise.
- Prospective applicants should be fully registered members of the Nigeria Association of Auctioneers (NAA).
- Show evidence of previous job execution in other establishments.
- Be a registered contractor with the University of Port Harcourt.
- Be honest, accountable and ready to operate within the rules governing the job description.
Application Closing Date
27th January, 2016
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send forward their applications in triplicate, detailing their qualifications for the job, previous job experience and two referees to:
University of Port Harcourt,
East West Road,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.