Action Against Hunger Recruitment for Cash Officers in Nigeria
Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by
combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable
communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation,
health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cash Officer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe State
Cash Officer will directly report to Cash Deputy Program Manager and
will play a key role in implementing the PROTECT IDP response in Yobe
State (LGA) in North-Eastern Nigeria. From 2015 to 2016, ACF will
implement a multi-sectoral emergency response program to support IDPs in
settlement and camps, and most vulnerable host households in a bid to
contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and
poverty in Northern Nigeria.
- Degree in Accountancy and food security related field e.g.
Agronomics, Agriculture, Animal health, Agricultural engineering,
Development Studies etc.
- Provide support to the Cash Deputy Program Manager to implement the program successfully.
- Facilitate program coordination and monitoring and evaluation of the FSL activities.
- Facilitate community mobilisation activities to support
targeting and registration of beneficiaries and improve FSL/Cash Base
Interventions knowledge, attitudes and practices
- Represent ACF externally in relevant LGA level forums and technical working groups
- Ensure the proper HR management of the field based Cash team
Essential Skills and Experience
- Professional, good organizational capacity, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies
- Previous experience with Cash, food security and livelihoods programming.
- Three(3) years relevant work experience
- Capacity to supervise a team
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanoori and English
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience managing cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
- Previous team management and activity planning experience
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with ACF
- Previous donor programming experience (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA)
- Analytical capacity
- Good relational qualities
- Good knowledge of techniques and agricultural/animal health production systems
- Good knowledge of implementing projects
- Capacity to write high quality reports
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply in person to the following addresses:
House No. 3,69 Crescent,
079, Unguwar Kasarau Yamma,
Don Etebet Housing Estate,
96 West North,
Damboa Road GRA,
Behind Indimi House,
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of
interest, and indicate the full position title in the email subject
line, or on the application envelope.
- Applications received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, no phone calls or follow-ups will be entertained.
- Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 26th January, 2016