Banking Job in Lagos for Finance Tax Specialist
We’re a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
Title: Finance Tax Specialist,
Standard Chartered Bank – Lagos, Nigeria
* Provide tax services to business heads and Finance Partners
* Responding to ad-hoc queries and requests for tax advice
* Support CFO / Regional Tax Manager on tax matters
* Manage the tax compliance process and liaise with Tax Advisors and Relevant Tax Authorities
* Drive successful implementation of tax saving initiatives developed by regional tax
* Tax reporting and forecasting
* Tax advisory (with good understanding of the Financial Services industry)
* Tax Planning, Risk Management and Controls
* Transfer Pricing
* Tax Compliance
Qualification and Experience
* 5 – 7 years experience at a major firm of chartered accountants and/ or an international group, preferably with a banking or financial sector bias
* Knowledge of Nigerian tax law
* Good research and analytical skills
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a ready appreciation of business issues
* Ability to build and maintain good working relationships
* Project management & implementation skills
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated, capable of working without close supervision
* Proficiency in basic computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Being a Qualified accountant (ACA, CPA or equivalent) and knowledge of West Africa tax law, other African countries and/or UK tax laws would be an advantage
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Enter roles and responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
Enter qualifications and skills
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
How to Apply
Click here to Apply Online