Productive People – Our client, a leading luxury cosmetics brand in Nigeria, is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of Finance
- Functionally reports into: Managing Director
- Administratively reports to: Managing Director
- Supervises: Inventory Administrator & Accountant, Account Officer
- To facilitate the execution of best practice financial management processes and maintain good relationships with local and international financial institutions, government agencies, consultants etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Financial Accounting & Treasury Management and Reporting
- Ensure Proper record keeping of all financial records for adequate reporting
- Ensure all ledgers are reconciled and updated monthly (i.e. Creditors Ledger, Debtors Ledger, Prepayment Accounts, etc)
- Ensure Monthly preparation of Bank Reconciliation Report
- Develop and maintain credit control Policies and Processes
- Manage cashflow and collections within the outlets
- Design and maintain effective internal control systems
- Ensure Monthly reconciliation of all outlets
- Ensure Monthly business performance reporting (Profit & Loss Account, Balance Sheet, Cashflow Analysis, Sales Analysis, etc)
- Manage Organization’s Tax matters
- Ensure Monthly provision of Business
- Safeguard all company’s assets
- Monitor payment processes (Suppliers, Salaries, etc).
Planning & Control:
- Prepare corporate Annual Budget and variance report
- Ensure budgetary Analysis and control
External relationship Management:
- Manage relationship with banks
- Maintain cordial relationship with Suppliers and Debtors.
Inventory Control & Store Management:
- Ensure products received and issued are properly documented and are in good condition with secured packaging not tampered
- Ensure accuracy and efficiency in bar-coding and tagging of all received goods.
- Ensure reconciliation of waybill of actual goods received against shippers packing list and contact the supplier through the Merchandise Buyer to resolve discrepancies.
- Issue dispatch instructions to dispatch riders and drivers and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Schedule and monitor surface pickup, delivery or distribution of merchandise or materials
- Ensure the processing and reconciliation of outlets orders and their delivery
- Monitor demand and supply of goods from outlets
- Review invoices, work orders, reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
- Ensure proper arrangement of goods for easy identification and retrieval
- Supervise and maintain good relationship with transporters, clearing Agents to ensure quality and timely service delivery
- Plan, develop, and implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Determine and ensure proper storage methods, labelling, identification, and location of merchandise based on quantities, fabric types, environmental factors and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Prevent inventory shrinkage
- Train and evaluate performance of store personnel.
- Accounting and Finance
- Cost management
- Company operations
- Management Accounting.
Key Performance Indicators
- Revenue Growth
- Operational Efficiency/Cost Management
- Net Margin
- Return on investment
- Budget Variance
- Timeliness of completed quarterly financial reports
- Performance of external audit
- Quality and ease of retrieval of financial information.
Minimum Education Qualifications
- B.Sc. or HND in Accounting or related discipline;
- Professional qualification (ACA, ACCA) would be an added advantage.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ cognate experience.
- Key experience in one of the “big four” finance firms.
- Experience in audit of a trading or manufacturing company.
- IT skills
- Relationship management
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Proficient knowledge of SAGE
How to Apply
Click here to apply online