GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry – from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s The Way We Work. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Onne Hardware Supervisor
Job Number: 2441663
Business: GE Oil & Gas
Business Segment: OG-SUBS Subsea Systems
- The hardware supervisor role will require a broad knowledge of Subsea Drilling / Completion equipment, Capital Drilling equipment supporting our Aftermarket Facilities in Nigeria.
- The ideal candidate will aim to maximize potential, increasing efficiency to make cost reductions but still maintain an on-time delivery and quality output for hardware equipment to our customers
- Work with shop planner to compile a planner of customer equipment needs versus Onne resources available for Hardware equipment requirements
- Review ongoing work outside our facility, e.g. machining, Riser refurbishment, makeup assy etc.
- Support all current and intended projects within Subsea Services & Drilling
- Liaise with project managers for their work plan to meet their customer equipment requirements
- Raise the appropriate Risk assessments per daily operational work plan, identify if special work plans are required for Non –Standard Equipment
- Develop performance and training plans for all direct reports
- Conduct and chair the daily production meetings, raise a detailed daily Hardware work plan, for the facility operations at these meetings
- To be able to access the company IT systems, ( PIMS, Gensuite, salesforce, iTrac, Microsoft Planner and access to our local common drive, etc)
- Visit and liaise with customers face to face, supporting and identify their equipment and service needs for their ongoing operations,
- Implement Company disciplinary procedures as per HR code when required
- Interface where required with other site departments e.g. Shop lead hands, QC/QA, Field Service, ITO/OTR departments, Engineering, HSE, materials/ shipping customs logistics, Vehicle logistics.
- Ensure that we continue to utilise the Local Indigenous companies for our Nigerian Content where possible
- Raising Job sheets and W/O, covering operations ensuring track ability of costs, such as labour, spares and 3rd party costs, keeping the customers and the project depts. aware of the running costs
- In depth handover reports to team with Operations manager copied.
- Accessible by mobile and E-mail access while on off duty time
- Required to attend various internal and external training courses on off duty time
- Attend regular customer operational meetings and take onboard various actions that require the supervisor to closeout
- Submit weekly status reports back to other facilities and project / senior management
- Relieve managers duties (Onne /PHC) when manager is attending various in county and out country meetings and their time off
- Ensuring our Student Placements are working to their training plans, reporting this to HR at PHC and Lagos
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with at least 4 years of experience in a customer service position)
- At least 3 additional years of experience in a customer service role
- Previous experience in Oil & GasSubsea Services & Drilling
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Strong attention to detail and complete resolution
- Ability to work with multiple and competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to achieve results with minimal supervision
- Strong customer service mindset
- Knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning tool
How to Apply
Click here to apply online