Job for Programme Manager in Abuja at Mines Advisory Group (MAG)
Mines Advisory Group (MAG) saves lives and builds futures by working
with others to reclaim land contaminated with the debris of conflict, to
reduce the daily risk of death or injury for civilians, and to create
safe and secure conditions for development. MAG shared the 1997 Nobel
Peace Prize as a founding member of the International Campaign to Ban
Landmines for our work to ban landmines. Our vision is a safe and secure
future for men, women and children affected by armed violence and
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: Fixed Term – 12 months
About the Nigeria Programme
- MAG is planning to begin working in Abuja, Nigeria, subject to funding and a successful bid.
- A Programme Manager will be needed to run the project based around a range of Arms Management and Destruction activities.
- More specifically MAG will be working with the Presidential
Commission on Small Arms and Light Weapons and various defence and
security forces to improve arms management procedures and practices in
line with international good practice.
- This project will be implemented in close collaboration and coordination with the German organisation BICC.
About the Role
- MAG is seeking a Programme Manager to oversee and ensure
efficient delivery of MAG’s Arms Management and Destruction project in
- The Programme Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all
project objectives are met, which will include overseeing the day to day
management of the country team.
- With support from the Regional Director, the Programme Manager
will also oversee all financial, administrative, security, HR and
logistics elements of the in country.
- A key element of the role will be successful liaison with local authorities, embassies, donors, NGO’s and UN agencies.
- You should have previous experience in overseas project
management roles with a focus on Liaison, within an international
- You will also need experience across the range of project
management functions, including experience of managing international and
national staff and the ability to motivate a team.
- In addition, you should have experience working with a range of institutional donors and experience of developing new projects.
- English language skills are essential for this post.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
- Salary: The total salary package for this position is £36,216 –
£36,972 GBP (approximately $51,520 – $52,596 USD) *Please see the
general information for full terms and conditions related to this.
- Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
- Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate
time out to stay motivated. You will have a minimum of six weeks out of
the programme per year or pro rata if the contract is less than a year.
- Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year
(for permanent contracts)/ MAG provides three international flights home
per year pro rata if your contract is less than a year (for fixed-term
- Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by
MAG’s comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and
medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access
to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should download the the candidate
information pack to apply, fill and return the Application form to: email@example.com
Note: Due to the high volume of applications that we receive,
we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard
back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application
has not been successful.
Deadline: 14th February, 2016.