Job Vacancy for Finance and Accounting Manager at IFES
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) supports
citizens’ rights to participate in free and fair elections. Our
independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local
capacity to deliver sustainable solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance and Accounting Manager
- Supervise, mentor and direct other accounting staff;
- Pay ad hoc and recurrent expenditures;
- Assist in EMB training on financial management
- Segregate expenses by related project;
- Provide finance guidance to program and administrative staff.
- Track advance payment to ensure clearing of all advances;
- Review travel expense reports and other payment requests for approval;
- Maintain and update accrual information (vacation, severance, etc);
- Maintain tax records and make timely payments;
- Sub-grants financial management:
- Evaluating sub-grant proposals and budgets;
- Manage banking transactions;
- Prepare bi-monthly financial reports;
- Assist programs in preparing budgets and also contribute in preparing reprogram/cost or no cost extension budgets;
- Provide information for preparing monthly field office wire request and budget;
- Enter transactions in financial system;
- Periodic bank/accounts reconciliation;
- Maintain cash in safe account;
- Initiate payment instructions;
- Reviewing sub-grants financial report to ensure compliance with
terms of sub-grant and liaising with sub-grantee(s) where and when
- Assist in providing training as needed to sub-grantee on IFES sub-grants and USAID financial regulations;
- Perform other responsibilities assigned by supervisor and/or Chief of Party.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, financial management or any related field
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in the financial
management and/or accounting field with a minimum of 3 years of
experience in managerial role.
- Demonstrated financial management and accounting skill
- Proven ability to mentor, motivate, work as part of a team and being able to meet deadlines.
- In depth knowledge and experience with USAID and other donor
financial management, reporting requirements, sub-grants procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and accounting software especially QuickBooks is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highest consideration will be given to applicants who
demonstrate strong and proven track record with democracy and governance
How to Apply
Interested and qualified should send their Application letter and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 10th February, 2016.