Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc, Nigeria’s largest power distribution
network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the
handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/
KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal
The consortium has the Korean Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) which
generates about 84,000MW in capacity and has a global efficiency record
of a maximum down time period of slightly above three minutes annually
as technical partners.
This partnership has positioned IE to effectively drive its commitment
to deliver efficient and sustainable power supply through investments in
new technology, infrastructure upgrade and human capital development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Communication Officer
Report to: Internal Communication Coordinator
Function: Corporate Communication
- Assist in the development and effective implementation of an
internal communications strategy, while complying with all IE
procedures, rules and code of practice
- Assist in managing all internal communications channels and
ensure all employees are fully engaged and aware on all the activities
and projects of the company
- To assist in the planning and implementation of communication
strategies / campaigns – liaising with appropriate stakeholder groups,
defining specific messages to be communicated, audiences to be
addressed, selecting the most suitable method of communication etc.
- Support the coordination and management of in-house corporate events, visits and develop in-house campaigns
- Assist in the coverage of Ikeja Electric events – roadshows,
projects, corporate visits, exhibitions. Ensure employees are duly
informed of these events.
- Ensure all communication and awareness materials are in sync across all business units and undertakings.
- Assist in the managing of internal communications channels,
including writing/editing the staff e-newsletter, key internal
presentations, noticeboard messages, email and sms messages to
employees, awareness material (fliers, posters, pull up banners),
roadshows and conferences
- Assist in establishing the budgets required for internal
communication and brand management activities, and manage the
- Assist in creating and managing a social profile for Ikeja
Electric on all platforms- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and
- Assist in drafting editorial content, create and upload videos onto web pages
- Enhance social media outlets and opportunities to maintain communication and build fan base.
- Assist in monitoring the main activities of competitors on social media.
- Assist in responding to customer’s comments and inquiries, to make them feel valuable. -Customer service
- Assist in the implementation of IE’s social media campaigns.
Minimum Requirements (Qualifications & Years of Experience)
- Degree in Journalism/Communications/ Public Relations/Public Affairs or its equivalent
- 1-2 years proven relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of the Nigerian Power Sector
- Knowledge of HTML and web site management
Skills & Competencies
Technical & Behavioral Competencies:
- Basic MS Office skills- Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Blogging skills, Self-motivated and confident in making sound business decisions.
- Work creatively with limited resources, Demonstrated sound organizational and coordination skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication, attention to detail & Have the ability to sell ideas.
How to Apply
Job Title: Officer (Internal Audit)
Reporting To: Team Lead Internal Audit
- Will be responsible for assisting the Audit Supervisor in day to
day operations related to technical, commercial, and financial audits.
- Assist and coordinate various departments/agencies, making
available relevant records for the purpose of carrying out technical,
commercial, or financial audits
- Assist in conducting technical, financial, and commercial audits in IE and preparing the audit reports
- Assist in auditing the process of Planning Projects, Operation
& Maintenance for the entire system and the compliance to technical
- Liaise with the outsourced internal auditor or the external auditor
- Follow up on highlighted observations on all audit reports
- Record keeping of audit reports and all key communication with other departments
- Perform other duties as requested by Head, Internal Audit Department, Team Leader Audit and Team Member Audit.
- First degree in Accounting, Finance or any related field with at least a minimum grade of second class lower.
- Chartered accountant with relevant work experience of at least 3 years
Skills & Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge of Internal department processes
- Understanding regulatory regime
- Analytical skills
- Innovation & lateral thinking
How to Apply
Job Title: Media Support Coordinator
Reports To: Head Corporate Communication
Function: Corporate Communication
- Develop materials to support communications strategies and
oversee design, production and distribution of all branding/promotional
- Responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual to all stakeholders.
- Develop quality graphic material for Ikeja Electric- e.g
projects and communication material- working on layouts and artwork
pages ready for print
- Interpret the business needs and developing a concept to suit
that purpose; estimating the time required to complete the work and
providing cost to user departments.
- Creatively produce new ideas and concepts in accordance to IE Projects.
- Work with a wide range of media, including photography and
computer-aided design (CAD); proofreading to produce accurate and
- Work on layouts and art working to ensure consistency with the IE brand
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly
design programs such as InDesign, QuarkXPress, FreeHand, Illustrator,
Photoshop, 3ds Max, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver and Flash;
- Develop interactive design; commissioning illustrators and
photographers; working as part of a team with printers, copywriters,
photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account
executives, web developers and marketing specialists to drive Ikeja
Electric’s brand message.
- Manage all documentation of Ikeja Electric’s events via high quality photos and videos etc
- Produce materials to be used across board to engage both
internal and external stakeholders – Documentaries, Videos, Photo
stories, Interview clips etc
- To provide an archive of Ikeja Electric photographs/videos and other branded material for reference purposes
- To be an advocate for the latest tools, metrics and techniques; advising on media trends and best practices.
- Consult with user departments to obtain multimedia project objectives, specs, and working materials
- Develop concepts and design ideas based on project objectives;
participate in brainstorming sessions, produce rough comps and prepare
final comps for clients
- Design and produce simple to complex multimedia presentations;
prepare files for imaging to film 4-color printing, advanced media, and
- Plan, manage and report project status, budget, and milestone achievements for all phases of a project
How to Apply
Note: Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.
Deadline: 20th January, 2016.