Queensland Academy was established in 1988 with the sole aim of making a difference in foundation education and with the gift to appreciate the parental challenge of choosing the right school for their children. Meeting this need is all we are about with a strong bias for great character moulding
through a well-structured programme built on a foundation of trust, resilience and a meticulous mentoring programme geared towards the development of a sound mind and a total child: self-discipline, independent learning and co-operation.
Queensland Academy is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Counselor
- The Counselor provides counseling services to students, teachers, parents and others regarding personal, academic and career issues.
- Ensures guidance and counseling programs are implemented and educate and aide the students and community effectively.
- A minimum of a first degree in Education, Social sciences or Humanities from a recognised institution.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position in a reputable school.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy is mandatory.
- Counsels individuals and groups by listening, identifying problems and discussing solutions.
- Provides advice on course selection, personal issues, post secondary selections and career needs.
- Coordinates with school staff to develop plans for evaluating and improving schools.
- Administer and/or support the state standardized career testing processes and policies.
- Conducts classroom guidance activities and evaluates the effectiveness of the programs.
- Develops various community programs, including drug free school programs and career activities.
- Assists with standardize testing and student placement.
- Consults with staff and parents about problems, concerns, and any other issues involving students.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: email@example.com