TTC Mobile, established in 2003, is a top telecom training company in
Lagos Nigeria, with specialization in RF Engineering and Transmission
Engineering. We essentially provide fresh graduates with requisite
telecom skills that enable them gain, and/or stay in employment in the
Telecom industry. By this skill support system, 100s of graduates gain
telecom jobs every year.
The need to consolidate our position as leading training organisation in
2016, as well as expand our areas of expertise beyond just RF and
Transmission has created opportunity for practicing telecom experts to
join our team or resource persons, as Telecom Consultants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Supervisor
The Outside Plant (OSP) Supervisor oversees on-going Fibre
Optic & civil work activities delivered by subcontracted Service
Providers (SP) assuring adherence to agreed scope of work and
deliveries’ specifications, and managing and following up on changes,
unforeseen hinders and other events having an impact on project scope,
cost and time.
The OSP Supervisor will be involved in the day to day communication with
subcontracted service providers, as well as with Customer and Local
Authority organizations in the construction of the Fiber project. The
role is expected to involve a significant element of onsite attendance.
The OSP Supervisor is also responsible for setting, monitoring,
analyzing and managing subcontractor performance as well as conducting
audits of subcontractor’s Fibre Optic & civil works workmanship.
Competencies / Requirements
- Proficient use of Fiber test tools e.g. OTDR, Power meter & Light source, VFL.
- Proficient in the use of design softwares e.g. AutoCAD, Visio etc
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point, Projects and email application.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written & Oral).
- Certifications in Fibre Optic Cabling, CCNA and A+ will be an added advantage.
- Certifications in HSE Grade III will be an added advantage.
- A Goal getter and team player.
- Able to work under pressure & meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Excellent people skills and street smart.
- Open to learning and willingness to share knowledge & experience with team members.
- Able to manage/supervise Fibre civil works, reduce tension on
site and motivate labourers and contractor personnel to accomplish
assigned project task.
- Neat, articulate and respectful.
- Supervising and coordinating subcontracted service provider’s
deliveries with regard to outside plant construction civil work
activities and required Fibre Optic installation/termination, ensuring
the project is delivering on scope, cost and time.
- Monitoring, managing and reporting subcontractor’s performance against project targets;
- Organizing and performing civil work quality audits as appropriate.
- Identify, make recommendations and follow up on improving the
quality and performance of the subcontractor’s workmanship during the
- Managing daily communication, being a point of contact for SP
for queries, change requests and issue resolution in construction phase
of the pilot;
- Being a primary interface with Local Authorities, SP,and
customer regarding appropriate work permits, for example, right of Way
(ROW), Road Opening Licences;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org having “OSP Fibre Maintenance“ as the subject of the application
Note: Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview as soon as possible.