Computer Programmer Job Vacancy in Abuja
Centrifuge Group is a dual disciplinary group of companies that started business since year 2007 as a Private Limited Liability Company specialized in software development, professional trainings and computer system marketing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Computer Programmer
Working hours: Mainly 9.00 am to 5.00
- Job titles within the IT sector tend to be loosely defined so the term ‘programmer’ is often used to refer to software developers, software engineers, computer scientists or software analysts.
- Computer programmers write the step-by-step instructions that direct computers to process information in a series of logical steps. This involves establishing a detailed specification and clarifying exactly what the programme needs to do, then breaking the specification down to its simplest elements and translating this into an appropriate programming language.
- Different tasks require different programming languages, but those most in demand are:
- Visual Basic (.Net)
- While most programmers specialise in a few different languages, the kind of work they do depends on the employer.
- There are two distinct areas within programming:
- Applications Programming
- Systems Programming.
- While applications programmers write programmes to process and manage incoming information, systems programmers deal with the internal operations of the computer such as designing diagnostic programmes to identify faults, or controlling the way a computer runs several applications simultaneously.
- Confirm project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client.
- Arrange project requirements in programming sequence by analysing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Encode project requirements by converting work flow information into computer language.
- Program the computer by entering coded information.
- Confirm program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Prepare reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintain historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Maintain client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensure operation of equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develop new software applications.
- Upgrade existing software as the user organisation’s needs change
- Localise software products for different international markets
- Test software to ensure the code is correct, fixing (‘debugging’) errors where they occur, and rerunning and rechecking the programme until it produces the correct results
- Work with trainers and technical writers to develop user support materials.
- While entry is open to non-graduates, preference will more than likely be given to those with relevant degrees or training.
- Relevant Degree or Training for Application
- Computer programming
- Information technology
- Software development
- Software engineering.
- Skills and qualities
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent IT and programming skills
- Excellent organisational, time and project management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Teamwork skills because most projects require input from individuals with different roles
- Self-development skills to keep-up-to-date with fast-changing trends
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
Working hours: Mainly 9.00 am to 5.00 pm but deadlines may require additional hours to be worked.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 25th February, 2016.