eHealth Africa Job Opportunity Assistant Supply Chain Project Manager
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assistant Supply Chain Project Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Manager/Supervisor
- eHA is implementing the Global Fund – Nigeria Supply Chain Integration Project (GF-NSCIP) and the Visibility and Analytics Network (VAN) project for immunization in Nigeria. The GF-NSCIP is implemented through the National Products Supply Chain Management Program (NPSCMP) while the VAN project is executed through the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA).
- eHA is working on the warehousing and distribution work stream for the NSCIP project in collaboration with other partners while the VAN project is to be implemented alongside the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI). The project aims at improving the supply chain management of vaccines delivery in Nigeria.
- eHA is seeking a high ability individual to join its dynamic team in Abuja as an Assistant Project Manager to support the Supply Chain Project Manager.
- Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Supply Chain Project Manager, the Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for effective, efficient and timely administrative and programmatic support to obtain projects results.
- He/she will analyze and interpret the reporting and financial rules and regulations and provide solutions to a wide spectrum of complex issues related to the GF-NSCIP and VAN projects.
- The Assistant Project Manager – Supply Chain will promote a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approaches.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide technical assistance in the implementation of all activities related to the GF-NSCIP for the warehousing and distribution work stream.
- Provide technical assistance to the Vaccines National Logistics Working Group (NLWG) on best practices for vaccines supply chain management.
- Provide technical support in collaboration with all program stakeholders and partners to carry out all tasks of the VAN project
- Collaborate with the different national health programs, stakeholders and partners of the warehousing and distribution work stream to update the NSCIP physical network design where necessary
- Support and facilitate the smart integration of health supply chain functions (related to warehousing and distribution) across the different health programs for efficiency and effectiveness of national PSM which is coordinated by the National Products Supply Chain Program (NPSCMP).
- Identify best practices and lessons learned for documentation and sharing with national supply chain stakeholders
- Contribute to the preparation of reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis which will highlight of all supply chain activities across the VAN project and the GF-NSCIP project
- Work closely with various partners and stakeholders towards managing relationships and maintaining routine communications
- Build the capacity of staff within the NPSCMP on supply management issues
- Participate in meetings (related to vaccines supply chain and warehousing and distribution) of the different health programs to provide insight on national supply chain direction that will guide stakeholders’ interventions.
- Perform any other activity as deemed appropriate by the Supply Chain Project Manager, or eHA Executive Director
- Contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Supervises assigned Project Management staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Logistics, Public Health, Social Sciences, Public Policy, Project Management, Health Sciences, Business Administration, or related field.
- Three to Five years of professional experience in procurement, inventory management, systems implementation, project management, or health programs preferably in an international health care supply chain management environment.
- Experience in HIV/AIDS, TB or malaria programs is strongly desired
- Experience in supply chain and logistics operations is desirable
- Additional experience in vaccines supply chain management is a plus
- Ability to function as a team player and to be self-managing is an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian public health sector
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving, and statistical skills
- Comfortable working with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Preference for team work and a collaborative working environment
- Ability to write technical reports and make oral presentations is required
- Excellent administrative and personnel management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Ability and willingness to travel on field assignments.
- Leadership – Establish and maintain relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and to gain support.
- Teamwork – Work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve org and project goals
- Planning and Organizing – Identify priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work. Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude; demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Accountability – Take ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments; delivers outputs for which responsibility is given within a prescribed timeline, cost and quality standards; operate in compliance with organizational regulations and rules
- Communication – Speak and write English clearly and effectively. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Keep Supply Chain Project Manager informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Promote knowledge sharing and learning.
Why work with us?
- Life at ehealth Africa means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
How to Apply