FMC Technologies Job Opportunity for R&D Lab Technician I
FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by Forbes® Magazine as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies in 2013, the Company has approximately 19,500 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 17 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: R&D Lab Technician I
Location: Onne, Nigeria
Profession: Research & Development
Employment Level: 4 Professional (3+ years of relevant experience)
- Responsible for the maintance, refurbishment and testing of FMC Subsea Controls Modules as well as all dedicated systems and equipment in the SCM lab.
- This includes mechanical assembly, electrical assembly and testing, hydraulic pressure testing, flushing and control of hydraulic systems, function testing and troubleshooting/fault finding.
- Also responsible for installation and testing of SCM, PT sensors and harnesses on subsea equipment in the workshop. Responsible for factory acceptance testing of trees, SCM’s and sensors.
- Hydraulic and Electrical Maintance, refurbishment and testing of FMC Subsea Controls Modules
- Mechanical assembly, electrical assembly and testing, hydraulic pressure testing, flushing and control of hydraulic systems, function testing and troubleshooting/fault finding.
- Installation and testing of SCM, PT sensors and harnesses on subsea equipment in the workshop
- Perform Factory acceptance testing in the workshop on the trees via the SCM and HPU
- Install and maintain software in both computers and SCM’s
- Complete helium leak tests on SEM cans prior to final assembly
- Make mechanical connections and crimps on wires inside the SCM
- Complete Service/Work order documentation packs that pertain to each piece of equipment
- Interface with customer and third party quality representatives on behalf of FMC during testing and fault finding
- Complete Nonconformance reports on all defects found during work
- Read cleanliness samples of hydraulic fluid
- Understand the importance of ESD while working with electronic equipment.
- Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Computer Science or related field preferred or one to two years internal experience with exposure to Electro hydraulic systems, electronic installations.
- Programming level of knowledge on computers and electronic communication systems
- 1 – 3years experience as Automation electrician, Automation Mechanic, may be considered as sufficient
- The ability to follow procedures as well as trouble shoot electrical, electronic and hydraulic issues
- Read and understand technical drawings and schematics, both hydraulic and electric
- Familiar with electronic hardware in computers and how to work on, change out, and solder them if required
- Excellent communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Deadline: 10th February, 2016.