Job for Project Officer Information, Education, Communication and Training (IEC&T)
The Katsina State Government has applied for credit from the International Development Association (IDA) arm of the World Bank towards the implementation of the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP). The Objective of the CSDP is to increase access of poor people in the state to improved Social and Natural Resources Infrastructure Services in a sustainable manner through the provision of grant support to communities.
The Katsina State Agency for Community and Social Development Project now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from the Public and Private sector for recruitment into the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Officer Information, Education, Communication and Training (IEC&T)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, in Liaison with relevant State Agency Staff and Line Ministries Staff all training delivery to CPMCs and IGRCs
- Prepare budget estimates and annual work plan for training, information, education and communication activities of the State Agency
- • on advocacy, sensitisation, awareness and communications
- Be responsible for preparing periodic reports on progress in advocacy, mobilisation and awareness, measured against the targets of annual work plans and legal funding requirements (e.g. IDA/Donor requirements)
- Responsible for communication materials development
- Organise Learning Events for Stakeholders.
- Supervise and carry out promotions and outreach programmes to create awareness of State Agency activities
- Facilitate the carrying out of advocacy for the CSOP at the State level through Information, Education and
- Communication (IEC) campaigns
- Ensure linkage with relevant Ministries/Agencies on integrating collective action and mobilisations of resources for Sectoral Development Plans
- Undertake regular skill-gap analysis of Project Staff Line Ministries, LGRC and CPM(s members and Identify requisite training to address them
- Coordinate and facilitate CUD cross-learning events and information sharing among Stakeholders
- Monitoring and coordination of information, Education and communication activities
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Manager, Operations
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- At least a First Degree in Social Sciences, Natural Resource Sciences, Rural/Environmental Development, Agricultural Extension with at least five (5) years post qualification experience, part of which must relate to training and social analysis, especially rural appraisals.
- Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in community level facilitation and mobilisation is an added advantage.
The Katsina State Community and Social
Development Agency (KTCSDA) request 10 copies each of their CV’s and
The Office of the
Ministry of Lands