La Fayette Microfinance Bank Limited will join Cameroon, Ghana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Cambodia and Ivory Coast as member of Advans group network. Advans SA SICAR was created in 2005 by Horus Development Finance together with several development financial institutions: IFC, FMO, KFW, CDC, EIB, AFD Group.
La Fayette Microfinance Bank recently received the Approval-in-Principle from the Central Bank of Nigeria to carry out microfinance services in Oyo State.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Compensation and Benefit Officer
- The Compensation and Benefit Officer is responsible for designing, implementing and administering the bank’s Compensation and Benefit scheme for all employees
- A graduate with at least 1-3 years practical experience in Human Resources with focus on Compensation and Benefits.
- Knowledge of Nigeria labor and employment laws.
- Proficiency in computer MS Word and Excel for preparation and analysis of data and reports.
- Effective speaking & written communication skills with practical ability to prepare official reports, proposals, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and handle confidential matters.
- Related Professional Qualification or Masters Degree is an advantage.
- To support in the preparation of Compensation and Benefit budget in collaboration with the head of unit and HR Manager, including regular monitoring, reporting and adjusting of the budget.
- Support in designing and developing compensation policies, processes and procedures.
- Ensure all employees’ compensation and benefit scheme (Salary, bonus, allowances) are applied properly.
- To assist in managing communications for effective, widely and timely dissemination of information to employees on wages, benefits and other related HR policies and practices through various communication channels.
- Ensure benefit and communication documents are fit for internal use.
- To conduct regular bench-marking surveys to ascertain banks competitiveness in compensation and benefit within the micro-finance industry.
- To support the finance team in payroll related matters.
- Manage all aspects of benefits associated with managing risk connected with the working staff including Health Insurance, Life Assurance and NSITF, ensuring staff are well covered.
- To be one of the main point of contact with external suppliers (insurance, payroll, pension etc companies).
- Ensure accurate record keeping (soft and hard copies)
- Computation of one-off payments like 13th month or exceptional allowance.
- Processing and payments of final account
- Ensuring adequate and timely computation of statutory remittances (Pension, NHF, NSITF,)
- Updating the payroll software with entering and exiting staff.
- Be a point of contact for staff and management for compensation and benefit related matters.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for test and interview.
26th February, 2016.