EME Consulting is an active consulting firm providing services in Civil, Architectural and Mechanical Engineering.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Superintendent
- Assists in pre-construction planning, when possible, regarding the project schedule and budget
- Understand project specification, the contract, and the contract’s general conditions, and confirms that all materials and subcontract work comply with contract documents and quality specifications
- Assists the superintendent in communicating with subcontractors and employees a consistent level of expectations and direction regarding schedules, construction methods, company policies and procedures, permits, safety, quality control and other performance standards
- Ensure all materials are properly tested according to specifications, and ensure all test results are properly recorded.
- Attends weekly project meetings with all subcontractor representatives and understand the upcoming week’s work to be accomplished
- Reviews and updates progress and cost reports, schedules and requirements for completion on a regular basis
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Participates in personal career development by attending operations training programs and takes direct accountability for training and developing direct reports
- Assists superintendent in ensuring the project closeout process is finalized to settle all financial obligations, demobilize all resources, and transition the project to the customer
- B.Sc in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, project management or a related field preferred and minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Make decisions under tight deadlines
- Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating project related processes and making necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting or exceeding internal and external customer expectations
- Demonstrate proficiency with communication tools such as email, internet and Microsoft products
- Organizes people, tools and equipment and plan multiple activities to accomplish desired results
Salary: N100, 000- N110, 000
Job Title: Mechanical Systems Engineer
- Performs work, generally within one discipline, which involves the preparation, interpretation or review of calculations, specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures, systems or equipment with relatively few complex features
- Reviews design documents of equipment manufacturers or subcontractors of a moderate degree of complexity, and prepare comments and recommendations
- Reviewing and checking M&E designs, drawings and data by other engineers or by suppliers
- Assists in preparation of forecasts, quantity take offs and change orders
- Testing of materials monitors project controls within discipline
- Preparation of specifications and design calculations
- Uses engineering aided designs/ computer aided engineering (CAD/ CAE) tools
- Prepares letters for replies to vendor correspondence
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based on openness, trust, communication, empowerment, innovation and satisfaction
- Degree in mechanical engineering, nuclear engineering or chemical engineering from an accredited college or university with one year of related experience
- Developmental experience such as practical work experience in design engineering or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or other engineering/ construction firms
- Performs overall systems design and engineering tasks, within a discipline, having some degree of complexity
- Participates in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data by other engineers or by suppliers
- Familiar with all Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs) and their application to projects
- Understand roles played by other discipline, having some degree of complexity
- Assists in the on-the-job training of people assigned.
Salary: N90, 000- N110, 000
Job Title: Construction Manager
- Assist in the installation of all major and auxiliary equipment for heavy industrial power projects
- Work with various team members from different project disciplines to manage the construction of complex heavy industrial power related projects
- Manage and motivate staff to maximum productivity and cost control, as well as facilitate and conduct scheduling, safety and training meetings/ workshops.
- Manage several projects at once, often with quick turnaround with a hands-on approach
- Coordinate with owners other contractors and communicate with all entities involved in projects to ensure contract and regulatory compliance
- Direct efforts of staff and craft personnel towards safety, quality schedule and budget
- Responsible for owner satisfaction relating to construction of heavy industrial power projects
- Responsible for an average of approximately 5-7 thousand man-hours to construction of heavy industrial power projects.
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- Prior experience as a construction manager in the power industry where responsibilities include installation of gas/ steam turbines, HRSGs and other equipment and identification and solution of mechanical problems
- Knowledge of principles of power plant design and analysis
- Knowledge of principles, practices, procedures used in all phases of construction applications and development
- Proficiency in planning and management of scope of work and time estimation
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide ranging climates and environment
N100, 000- N120, 000
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to:email@example.com
Deadline: 15th March, 2016.