Bells University of Technology Job Vacancy for Bursar
Bells University of Technology is a private Institution established by the Bells Educational Foundation. It was granted an operational license by the Federal Government on 9th June, 2005 and started operating in July 2005 The University has graduated six Sets of Students. It will commence its eleventh Academic Session in September, 2015 (i.e 2015/2016).
The University is a fully residential Institution with excellent Academic and Hall of Residence facilities The position of Bursar of Bells University of Technology, Ota will become vacant with effect from 1st July, 2016. Therefore, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Ota, Ogun
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and is directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the management and control of the finances of the University.
- He/She shall advise the Vice-Chancellor on finance-related matters; coordinate the development and update the University’s financial management plans; coordinate the preparation of periodic income and expenditure statements; balance sheet, and cash flow estimates and consolidation when necessary.
- He/She shall ensure that accurate records are maintained of all assets and liabilities (local and foreign) held by the University.
- The duties also include monitoring monthly income and expenditure and balance sheet variances against the budgets, and to ensure that they are reconciled; monitoring treasury activities including cash flow projections and forecasts for prudence and accountability; and negotiating with financial and government institutions with regard to financial matters.
Qualifications and Experience
- The applicant must possess a honours degree in any of Accounting, Economics, Finance or any related discipline with a minimum of second class lower division from a recognized university. Possession of a Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
- In addition, applicant must possess any of the professionally recognized accountancy qualifications of any of the following; ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA, ICAN.
- Applicant must be ICT compliant and must be conversant with current trends in Financial Reporting-IFRS, IPSAS.
- Applicants must have a minimum of twelve (12) years cognate post professional qualification experience in a tertiary institution or relevant organization and must have a minimum of five(5) years residency at the level of a Deputy Bursar or its equivalent.
- The preferred candidate must show demonstrable evidence of consummate management and leadership passion and drive in previous positions and in addition, must possess excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- He/she must exhibit the ability to be a team leader, who leads by example and has clear mentorship skills and plans.
- He/She must exhibit a considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency on matters of financial resource management with an outstanding experience at management level.
- He/she should be a person with good leadership qualities who can inspire and motivate his junior colleagues; a person with clear vision for the development of the University and must be ready to implement the vision of the University.
- He/the must be focused and innovative; and must be in excellent physical and mental health.
- Applicant should not be more than 55years old on his/her date of resumption of duty on 1st July, 2016.
Conditions of Service Applicable to the Post
- The post of the University Bursar is tenure track.
- The successful candidate shall hold the office for a term of five(5) years in the first instance; renewable, based on performance assessment, for a second term on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The remuneration and conditions of service areas applicable to the post of bursar in similar Nigerian Universities, with appropriate additional conditions as may be determined from time to time by the Board of Trustees and or Governing Council, of the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send thirty (30) copies of their applications and accompanied by 30 copies of their curriculum vitae duly signed and dated.
The curriculum vitae should be presented in the following order:
- Names in Full (Surname first and in Capital letter)
- Post Desired
- Place of Birth
- Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Marital Status/Number and Ages of Children
- Current Postal/Contact Address (With Phone No. and e-mail address)
- Permanent Address
- Institutions Attended (With Dates)
- Educational Qualifications (With Dates)
- Professional Qualifications (With Dates)
- Membership of Professional Bodies (With verifiable evidence of current status)
- Distinctions and Awards(With Dates)
- Statement of Work Experience Including Full Details of Former and Present Posts
- Major related services to the Nation Outside the University System;
- Important relevant Conferences/ Workshops/Courses Attended
- publications (Thesis, Books/Monographs, Published Articles)
- Present Employment Status, Salary and Employer;
- Extra-Curricular Activities;
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees (One of Whom Must Be capable of making competent statement on the candidate’s professional competence);
Each Referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward, direct to the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, administrative and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope marked Post of Bursar: Referee’s Report at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
The application must be accompanied by 30 copies of statement of the candidate’s proposals for fund generation and financial management of a private university in the twenty first century,
All applications and supporting documents should be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
The Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council,
Bells University of Technology,
Km 8, Idiroko Expressway,
Ota – Ogun State,
Sealed envelope(s) containing the applications or nominations should be marked Post of Bursar, and must be forwarded to reach the above address not later than the closing date above.
The submission of the hard copy must be accompanied by full electronic version of the application and accompanying materials to be mailed as attachment in PDF format to: email@example.com, the subject line should read, “Application for the Post of Bursar”.
Referees should be similarly encouraged to submit Signed electronic copies of their references in PDF format to the same address.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 5th April, 2016.