eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Remote (Abuja or Lagos Preferred) BUT travel is required to Kano for 2-3 months of training initially.
Department: Software Development
- eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
- eHealth Systems Africa develops a variety of tools using AngularJS and CouchDB that are be used to manage outbreak response, vaccine inventory, to organize transport of health commodities, monitor vaccine usage and provide reporting to government and donor partners.
- We need an experienced developer that can work with our team in Kano to produce client side AngularJS and server side NodeJS and/or Django applications to collect synchronize and display data.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
Candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering
- Some commercial experience with AngularJS or Django, JSON, web APIs
- Experience working in a team environment with github (creating branches, merging branches, cherry picking commits, reverting commits, stashing, squash merging, tagging, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years working in software engineering team, experience with international teams a plus (ours is from all over the world)
- Familiarity with test driven development
- Familiarity with best practices in coding and design including enterprise patterns
Language/ Communication Skills:
- English is the spoken and written language so English fluency is required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent writing ability, strong interpersonal, group facilitation and oral presentation skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
The following are desirable but not essential:
- Experience writing and working with REST APIs
- Android development experience
- Experience with document based databases (esp CouchDB)
- DevOps capacity (full stack linux sysadmin skills) a big plus
- A Postgraduate degree in Computer Science
How to Apply
Click here to apply online