Executive Secretary Job at Junior Chamber International (JCI)
Junior Chamber International (JCI) is a worldwide federation of Young Active Citizens with over two million active members and millions of alumni across the country. In response to current realities and the need to re structure, Junior Chamber International Nigeria, seeks to recruit qualified personnel for the position below:
Job Title: Executive Secretary
Role Specification for the Office
The Executive Secretary is the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the organization:
- Establish and manage specific policies, procedures, and programs for purposes of the day-to-day administration, germane to supplementing the general policies established by the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and General Assembly.
- Acts within the framework of existing policies as approved by the General Assembly.
- Interpret and carry out the decisions of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee within the guidelines established by these bodies.
- Initiate plans and formulate basic policies and programs that will further the objectives of the organization, and recommend same for the approval of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Draw up and recommend the annual budget to the Treasurer. Upon approval by the Finance Committee and General Assembly, operates within the annual budget.
- Ensures that all funds, physical assets, and other property of the organization are properly safeguarded and administered, and execute bylaw provisions with respect to annual audit and regular reports.
- Execute all contracts and commitments affecting the organization in consultation with the President and Legal Counsel.
- Serve as Publisher to all official national publication, supervising the editing and distribution of the magazine in accordance with guidelines established by the Executive Committee and General Assembly.
- Plan and supervise all aspects of the organization’s national convention, Area Conferences and other official meetings of the organization.
- Attend all meetings of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
- Direct and coordinate all approved programs, projects and major activities of the national secretariat staff. Handle HR functions including recruitment, on-boarding, training, and motivation of staff, as well as promotions, terminations, salaries, performance standards, and appraisals.
- Plan, organize, direct and coordinate the staff, programs, and activities of the organization to ensure that objectives are attained, plans fulfilled, and member needs met.
- Reports directly and is responsible to the President.
- Executes all decisions of the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and the President within the limits of the Constitution and budget.
- Establishes a sound organization structure for the National Secretariat.
- Maintain proper record of minutes of meetings such as the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, General Assembly, and other official meetings of the organization.
- Provide security for all files, legal and historic documents, membership and the organization’s mailing lists.
- Provide up-to-date information to the President, Executive Committee and Board of Directors on the state of affairs and operations of the organization on all matters that affect the organisation.
- Participates in the formulation of new policies and makes decisions within existing policies as approved by the General Assembly. Also make recommendations on policy matter.
- Provides necessary liaison and staff support within budget limitations to committee chairmen and committees to enable them perform their functions effectively.
- Manage liaison with relevant internal and external authorities that includes the government and other relevant agencies.
- Engage other ad-hoc and other responsibilities as designated by the President and governing bodies.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online