Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Coordinator Job at EME
EME Consulting is an active consulting firm providing services in Civil,
Architectural and Mechanical Engineering from the initial
investigation stages, through feasibility studies, outline planning,
production of detailed designs, preparation of contract documents, and
tenders to supervision of construction in property sector
through public private partnerships and privately funded initiatives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Coordinator
- Carry out the day to day operations of HSE department and
contribute to the application of effective Health, Safety and
Environmental management by providing technical support.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent and be computer literate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to work different shifts and travel up to 20% of the time.
- Prefer Associate Degree in Occupational, Health & Safety
sciences or minimum of 1 year experience in an Environmental, Health and
Safety position; Technical writing a plus.
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other
safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation.
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSE training
- Observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment,
encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately
or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
- Perform other work related tasks as required as assigned.
- Comply with all Company and HSE procedures and policies.
Facility Specific Responsibilities:
- Walk the manufacturing floor on a regular basis to establish HSE presence and provide support.
- Conduct daily and monthly HSE Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
- Write, implement, and manage HSE Programs, Policies and Procedures
- Perform facility HSE Inspections
- Assist in emergency response and provide first aid treatment.
- Oversee Behavior Based / Observation Safety Programs.
- Help develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Perform additional duties as assigned by HSE manager.
- Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE
- Have knowledge and enforce compliance of Regulatory requirements including company HSE policies and procedures.
- Ability to oversee Hazardous Waste Storage area and ensure
regulatory agency compliance i.e. labeling, containment, proper
disposal, documentation, etc.
N90, 000- N110, 000
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward their Application letter and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline 29th April, 2016.