NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide.
With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed.
Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Fire Chief
Job Reference: 51237
Job type: Contract
- Ability to evaluate Fire Command courses and training programs against relevance to specific competence elements in the suite of competencies required for the various roles in the brigade and define individual develop plans for fire officers and auxillary fire fighters.
- Application of local/international fire codes, regulations and standards including technical aptitude in design and engineering drawings in relation to fixed and mobile fire protection systems in SPDC facilities.
- Knowledge of company fire and explosion strategies in the context of HSE MS, HSE case barriers and Safety Critical Elements in company facilities.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Fire Prevention, Protection, Fixed Fire Installations, Emergency Response Planning, Disaster Management, and be able to relate with staff and third party Emergency Response Teams.
- High technical aptitude in Fire Risk evaluation, Systems Protection requirements, Control and containment philosophies.
- Knowledge of Fire related Pre-Incident planning, fire suppression technique, rescue and emergency techniques, including Fire Service administrative principles and philosophies, methods, and practices related to modern fire department activities.
- Working knowledge of basic principles of Incident Command System and its adaptation to SPDC ER management framework
- Good understanding of UK ‘Skills for Justice’ based Individual Personal Development System (IPDS) to provide guidance for competence development for designated roles in SPDC fire brigade.
- Must have had extensive Fire fighting and Fire Command experience through training at an approved international Fire Service institution. (Divisional Command Course as a minimum). Current certification in Aviation Rescue and Fire fighting will be an added advantage.
- Strong leadership qualities, Certified through training as Divisional or Brigade Commander with a high record of integrity & consistency in decision-making.
- Development of policies and long-term strategic Fire Risk plans.
Training & Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma or its equivalent in the Fire Science, Fire Risk Engineering, Fire Technology, Disaster management or related science (or professional qualifications from the Institute Of Fire Engineers.
- Alternatively, evidence of mentored process of vocational development with progressive certification in core competencies of established Fire Brigade up to Divisional Command Level may be considered.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online