OND Entry Level Recruitment at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Distribution Substation Operator
Specialization: Electrical Power Technicians
Regulates flow of electricity through substation of electric power system and over distribution lines to consumers: Records readings of switchboard instruments to compile data concerning quantities of electric power used for substation operation and amounts distributed from station.
Qualifications and Requirements
- OND Electrical Engineering
- 0-3yrs Experience
- Inspecting, operating and maintaining substations and distribution apparatus consistent with safety regulation.
- Controlling equipment such as Current converter, Voltage transformers and Circuit breakers to regulate the flow of electricity through substations and overhead distribution lines to customers
- Reporting outages, load data to load dispatcher and receiving switching instructions
- Observe switchboard instruments to detect indications of line disturbances, such as grounded, shorted, or open circuit.
- Records temperature of transformers at specified intervals.
- Issues protective tags through established safe clearance procedures for all equipment in the plant and substation.
- Notes changes in load and makes routine adjustments to meet such changes without immediate supervision. Reports unusual situations to supervision.
- Maintains daily operating log on all operations, both routine and emergency, and reports on line outages and weather conditions. Records hourly readings of indicating and integrating meters, and changes, marks and checks charts of recording instruments.
- Switches and maintains substation equipment for proper operation.
- Prepares the equipment for operation and starts, stops and controls the units, adjusting the load and voltage and accessory regulating equipment as required.
- Performs switching operations in accordance with standard operating procedures.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
5th April, 2016.