Operations Manager at The Place
The Place is a trademark of Smackers Limited, a company set up in 2003 to explore opportunities in the Food sector in Nigeria. Over time, the company has expanded it operations to include Nightclubbing, Hospitality, Farming and currently operates out of three locations: Isaac John GRA, Adeola Odeku Victoria Island and Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase one.
The company’s plan is to aggressively grow organically by establishing other outlets firstly focused on Lagos State (particularly the Island section of Lagos State) and other favourable locations such as Abuja and Port Harcourt.
Job Title: Operations Manager Roles
We are a world class fast growing dynamic hospitality company that is an industry leader as well as innovator with existing opportunities for advancement for brilliant forward thinking professionals. In line which our business objectives, the company is currently undergoing a rapid organic growth phase propelled by the rollout of new outlets in quick successions. To this end, we are looking to fill senior managerial positions for newly created job roles. Our preferred candidates should have at least 10 years cognate experience in the restaurant business (preferably top ranking fast food chains in Nigeria) and extensive operational knowledge of the hospitality industry, including operational excellence, and outstanding customer/client partnership and communication skills.
The roles to be filled are listed below:
Business Development Manager
- The Business development Manager will champion the team that will expand The Place brand through the opening of new outlets and optimization of existing asset base. One of the key functions will be scouting and careful selection of new locations for new outlets and completion of real estate transactions (Fee Purchase / Lease/ Acquisition).
Some other functions will be:
- Critically evaluate new sites regarding competition, local government zoning, traffic density, population, demography etc. and develop a projection for merchandise sales, gross profit margin, development cost and operating costs to determine financial feasibility of site.
- Work extensively across internal functions and with external partners, including, but not limited to operations, legal counsel, construction, environmental, estate agents, developers, landlords, ,governmental authorities, regulatory bodies and other stakeholders such as neighbourhood groups/associations.
- Provide support for all business development efforts
- Participate in the business planning process for all our outlets based upon corporate parameters, planned marketing activities and market conditions.
- Determine specific activities to capture opportunities to increase sales as well as brand awareness
- Assess and recommend improvements to the existing outlets via increased visibility and/or access by customers
- Operations Manager (Customer Service)
The Manager will help implement strategies to improve the customer experience as well as coordinate strategic initiatives to better leverage the efforts of restaurant Managers across the outlets.
Other job functions are:
- Develop and adapt strategies to improve wider customer experience
- Promote and foster positive customer service and effectively address all concerns, commenting in a timely manner
- Adapt materials and programs to support all the outlets requirements and assist with operational procedures, training and requirements as new systems, equipment, technology, menu, etc. are rolled out.
- Assist Restaurant Manager in addressing inconsistencies in operational materials and standards which forms the bulk of customer complaints, evaluate and coach customer facing eatery staff in methods to improve accuracy.
- Develop and Coordinate all customer service related strategies from conceptualization to roll-out
- Operations Manager (Production and Restaurant)
- Job Summary
- The Operations Manager will lead and direct operational activities across all the outlets ensuring that the overall strategic objective of properly executing product, operational processes and procedures.
Other functions include:
- Demonstrate the ability to foster a unified cohesive environment with consistency throughout each restaurant, area, zone, region, and division
- Propose, execute and develop departmental policies, goals, operational standards and procedures ensuring consistency among all operating operational units
- Prepare operational reports that analyze adverse trends and make recommendations to Management on methods to improve service, reduce costs, upgrade menus, acquire new equipment, and manage personnel.
- Monitor and direct the day to day operations of all our outlets.
- Act as a “change agent” when reviewing current operational procedures and processes including operations, training and development of staff, production, product scheduling etc.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Our preferred candidates should have the following requirements:
- A first degree
- A minimum of 10 year experience in an operations role in the hospitality industry
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Computer literacy
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multifunctional teams
- Strong ethic of accountability to drive results
- A high sense of urgency, and the ability to build and lead strong teams to continually achieve new levels of performance
- Hands on, roll-up-your sleeves kind of individual who is open to the sharing of, and reaction to, ideas in an open forum
Interested candidates must ensure that their CVs/Resumes are uploaded with their applications and the role being applied for should be clearly specified.
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply Online