Planned Parenthood Global (PP Global) is the international division of Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) an international nongovernmental organization working in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR). PP Global provides technical assistance to local partner organizations to implement SRHR projects. PP Global’s Nigeria office is implementing a project focusing on increasing access to sexual and reproductive health services through demand creation and provision of facility-based services. For this project, PP Global is seeking to recruit full-time candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Program Officer Service Delivery
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years of experience, or Master’s degree plus a minimum of three years of related experience in sexual and reproductive health (SRH) program implementation and management. Degree must be in public health, health related sciences or a related field.
- Three to five years of experience in SRH project (programmatic and financial) planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation; working with programs to identify and address SRH training and technical assistance needs; working in programs to create demand for and provide services; developing and training for clinical and/or non-clinical health workers; and providing technical assistance on SRH project implementation.
- Preference will be given to candidates with NGO experience and experience working in multi-sector programs.
- Provide technical support and manage PP Global grants to partners. Specifically,
- Coordinate with PPFA regional and headquarters (HQ) staff, national and international agencies, and other consultants to provide specialized training and TA to partners.
- Work with PP Global national, regional and HQ staff on country, regional and division level M&E activities and support partners to develop and implement project monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans
- Work with partners to develop project implementation plans and budgets.
- Work with partners to identify technical assistance (TA) needs, and tailor TA to support partner organizations’ programmatic, organizational and financial components in the course of project implementation.
- Work with PPFA national, regional and headquarters (HQ) finance staff to support and monitor partners’ programmatic and financial performance of assigned projects
- Write program reports and collaborate with national, regional and HQ staff on proposals writing.
- Stay updated on SRH service delivery and advocacy issues relevant to PP Global’s work and write abstracts and articles for publication and conferences presentations
- Complete special projects as assigned and required.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong knowledge of sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, particularly demand creation for services and service delivery.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal and negotiation skills; and cultural sensitivity is imperative.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information, and communicate clearly and persuasively verbally and in writing. Must possess excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Good analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with keen attention to detail and follow through; ability to meet deadlines.
- Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; data management and analysis applications; electronic literature search).
- Ability to travel a minimum of 35% of time within the country of assignment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates send their Application letter and CV’s to:firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Application for Program Officer – Service Delivery”
Applications must include:
- One-page cover letter stating suitability for the position advertised.
- Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume in MS word.
- Three (3) professional referees with email and telephone contact details
- Files should not exceed MB limit attachments to a single email.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.