Wärtsilä is a leading provider of complete life-cycle marine & energy solutions and services to customers globally. By emphasising technological innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. Visit www.wartsila.com.
Around the world, Wärtsilä employs more than 18,000 men and women with diverse skills, backgrounds and ambitions. Our values “Energy, Excellence and Excitement” are strengthened by the diversity of our employees.
We want to capture opportunities and make things happen, do things better than anyone else in our industry and foster openness, respect and trust to create excitement. We support our employees in developing themselves and finding their own path within Wärtsilä.
Job Title: Field Service Manager – Nigeria
Wartsila Marine and Power Services Nigeria Limited, a global leader in complete lifecycle power solutions for the Marine and Energy Markets is seeking to recruit dynamic and creative thinkers with a passion for high-performance and professionalism to fill the position of Field Service Manager.
1. Plan and manage FS works execution/activities,
2. Forward all job costing including manpower and spare to the account handler
a. Approving working hours, leaves, travel bills, overtime, local /international travel requests, timesheets, parts withdrawal, parts surveys, work reports, purchase requisitions, invoices, vehicle requests, delivery order,
b. Prepare budget and monitors the department’s costs
3. Ensure effective use of manpower including contractors in the workshop or site works
4. Provides Report to superiors all business and strategic issues
� Lead, coach, mentor & manage the team effectively
� Ensure FS & WS processes are continuously updated and implemented in all relevant
� Provide timely monthly high level report to GM-Services & Services Sales
� Strive to enhance team spirit and a high performance culture
� Continuously improve motivation and results of the team
Ensure jobs are coordinated and executed to full customer satisfaction, both internal and
� Establish mid and long term resource planning & training programmes for staff
� Implement effective procedures ensuring job margins are monitored whilst in progress
and invoices are sent out immediately on job completion
� Timely preparation of field service quotations to internal requests
� Smooth cooperation with Services Sales organization and other business units
� Provide staff with adequate equipment, tools and kits
� Professional Workshop layout
� Record, maintenance and inspection of equipment & tools
� Calibration records for workshop
� Representation Field Service in meetings and events
� Update and maintain exchange component stock
� Demonstrate commitment to OH&S, Environmental & Quality Systems and actively
participate in Wartsila initiatives
� Be a team player: support colleagues and superiors, share information, contribute to a
friendly work atmosphere
Communication skills and Customer relations
Local labour laws
OpExS (Quality, Safety and environment)
Representation and etiquette
Wärtsilä knowledge (Corporation, Division, Business process / Division process)
IM_Tools: PC (desk tops/lap tops)
Utilise IM applications and IM tools
– Language: English
– Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
– Minimum ten (10) years experience with diesel power engines and 2-stroke engines
– Propulsion equipment knowledge
– Auxiliary system knowledge
– Control and automation system knowledge
– Operation and maintenance knowledge3
– Technical problem solving skills,
– FS jobs management
– In – situ machining knowledge
Contact person to give further information
Job Title: Service Technicians
Wartsila Marine and Power Services Nigeria Limited, a global leader in complete lifecycle power solutions for the Marine and Energy Markets is seeking to recruit dynamic and creative thinkers with a passion for high-performance and professionalism to fill the position of Field Service Technicians.
– Perform basic overhauls on components according to given instructions in order to reach quality, health, safety and environmental and cost targets.
– Delivery: Delivery according to specific standards and guidelines.
– Perform and complete the work tasks in accordance with the instructions.
– Perform basic scheduled overhauls and repairs on equipment components.
– Record the measurement data on the relevant document.
– Ensure that the work is executed according to Wärtsila Quality,Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures.
Making change happen
Decisiveness and action orientation
Planning and target setting
Situational and cultural sensitivity
Business and Customer focus
General Skills Communication skills
Cost awareness & effectiveness
Wärtsilä quality, health, safety & environmental skill
Prof/NEW Service Delivery Customer understanding
Delivery Solution to Customer – process & tools
Installation operation, maintenance & repairs
B.Eng./HND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering( Masters Degree, added advantage)
Minimum 1 year experience in an industrial environment
Contact person to give further information
How to Apply
Click here to Apply Online