Youth Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Programme at Bank of Industry Limited (BOI)
The Youth Entrepreneurship Support (YES) programme is an ambitious programme by the Bank of Industry (BOI) aimed at addressing youth unemployment in Nigeria which is currently over 50%.
According to a 2013 survey by the Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research (NISER), most of the capacity building programmes aimed at addressing youth unemployment, have concentrated more on training without any tie-in to the provision of small business loans, which is a critical success factor to the establishment of small businesses. In addition, they hardly take care of the entire training value chain in terms of Entrepreneurship, Business Management and Technical Skills.
The YES Programme
BOI’s approach to tackling the youth capacity building challenge is to focus on young aspiring entrepreneurs within the age bracket of 18 – 35 years that have viable business ideas by developing a Product Program – Youth Enterprise Support Programme (YES Programme), for empowering them. This crop of Nigerians forms a significant proportion of unemployed youth in the country.
Components of the YES Programme
The YES Programme comprises the following:
The YES Programme has the following broad objectives:
To be eligible for the Competition you must satisfy the following criteria:
1. The applicant must be a Nigerian.
2. Must have a viable business idea within the 40 identified clusters that is operated, or will operate in Nigeria.
3. Must be within the age limits of 18 and 35. (proof of identity: International passport/Drivers License/National ID/Voters card required).
4. Must possess a minimum educational qualification of Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
5. Applicant must be able to carry out the application process online.
Apply Now for the BOI Youth Entrepreneurship Support Programme
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the BOI Youth Entrepreneurship Support Programme