The European Union is one of the largest development partners of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The EU is assisting Nigeria mainly in the following areas: peace and security, governance and human
rights and trade and regional lntegraton. In this context, the EU Delegation to Nigeria requires the services of:
Job Title: DriverJob No: 48974
- Interested candidates are invited to apply to the Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria for the post described below.
- The Delegation applies a policy of equal opportunities and provides its employees with an attractive medical reimbursement and pension scheme.
- The probationary period for these posts is six months.
Drive a motor vehicle to safety requirements and traffic rules:
- Transporting staff and visitors of the Delegation to various locations within Abuja including the airport
- Making deliveries of letters, parcels and goods within Abuja
- Monitoring of maintenance and service intervals of Delegation’s vehicles
- Follow up on repairs of cars at different Workshops/Garages
- Carry out some minor repairs on vehicle
- Coordinate workmen for maximum performance in moving items/goods as required.
- Work at nights and week-ends may be required.
- Making minor purchases and collect required goods from suppliers
- Transport Delegation staff on nationwide missions for durations up to 10 days
- Carry out day-to-day maintenance, refuelling and cleaning of motor vehicles
- Managing spare part for Delegation’s vehicles
- Monitoring of monthly checks on security installations
Qualification and Skills
- Valid Drivers License
- Knowledge of traffic rules and regulations
- Knowledge of the locations of streets, offices and institutions in Abuja
- Good ability to read and speak English
- Skills in minor vehicle maintenance
- Service oriented
- Minimum of seven year experience as a professional driver, with a minimum three years in Abuja
- Experience with Diplomatic Missions and/or International Organisations is an asset
Gross remuneration will be fixed depending on the provided proof of years of relevant professional experience as foreseen by the EU Local Agents’ Framework Rules.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a motivation letter of maximum one page and Curriculum Vitae of maximum 2 pages by e-mail to: Delegationemail@example.com with the subject heading: “Application Driver” to: Delegation of the European Commission to the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Head of Administration
- Reference number has to be indicated on the top of application. No further documents are required at this stage.
- Applications received after the deadline or do not conform to these instructions will be automatically rejected. Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted
Deadline 6th May, 2016 at 12:00 hrs