eHealth Africa’s mission is to build stronger health systems through the design & implementation of data-driven solutions that respond to local needs and provide underserved communities
with tools to lead healthier lives.
The following job vacancy exists:
Job Title: Fleet Manager
The Fleet Manager is Responsible for the Fleet Administration standards and policies regarding vehicle operation within eHealth Africa. Ensures the safe and economical usage of vehicles. S/he leads and directs the efforts of all fleet personnel, ensuring a safe, efficient and cost competitive corporate fleet operation which encompasses vehicle and equipment budgeting, procurement, operation, maintenance and regulatory compliance.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned
- Ensures that all vehicles and equipment in the fleet are properly maintained, registered, licensed, tested and, to the extent appropriate, operated in accordance with Legislation and regulations.
- Interfaces with other departments, programs and projects to ascertain fleet operation needs. Ensures accurate maintenance of records pertaining to acquisitions, disposals, repairs, warranty and insurance claims. Coordinates the input of relevant data to the Fleetio Fleet Management system.
- Competently manages the fleet procurement, rental and leasing processes and the fleet maintenance and operations support areas, ensuring fleet availability, performance, user satisfaction.
- Oversees routine and ad hoc maintenance of vehicles in the fleet and provides status report on vehicle performance. Obtains tags/licenses for new vehicles and renew old ones to ensure schedule fleet management Plan, process and execute vehicle purchase and vehicle replacement through efficient settlement.
- Ensures that operators of vehicles and equipment in the fleet receive proper instruction and refresher training needed to prevent accidents, injuries, and damage to or misuse of vehicles and equipment comprising the fleet. Responsible for establishing operational guidelines, minimum standards, work schedules, timetables, and reporting guidelines for all transport missions.
- Performs unscheduled inspections on drivers and vehicles ensuring compliance with established guidelines. Monitors vehicle utilization and provide advice on appropriate action to improve this. Implement and maintain an electronic Fleet Management system.
- Maintains the fleet conditions including developing operation plans for fleet services, scheduled and preventive maintenance. Reviews resource levels and as necessary to ensure service delivery.
- Monitors vehicle movement and fuel consumption. Streamlines and monitors fuel purchase system with assistance of Fuel Cards/vouchers for all vehicles and drivers.
- Recruits, trains, develops, leads, motivates, direct the efforts and manage the performance of the employees comprising Fleet Services. Ensures that assigned staff carry out the responsibilities of their positions in accordance with their position descriptions and relevant policies and procedures. Conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Performs any other duty assigned by Management.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures. Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises assigned Fleet and Transportation staff.
- Master’s Degree from college or university in Fleet Operations, Logistics, Management, or related field.
- Minimum of Five (5) years working experience in Fleet and Transport Management experience preferably in an NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience.
- Significant and advanced Fleet Management experience may substitute for the Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge business practices applicable to Fleet operations and automotive repair; comprehensive knowledge of business practices applicable to fleet Management.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective project teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Exemplary skills with leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams, as well as mentoring other team members.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Must possess the ability to organize, instruct and supervise staff while promoting group effort and achievement. Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Good learning ability. Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
Certifications and Licenses
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- First Aid and Health & Safety qualifications desirable.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
Why work with us?
Life at ehealth Africa means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply