HelloPay – Founded in 2015, helloPay is a revolutionary online payments platform that provides a safe, secure, and simple way for consumers to pay for their goods online. Currently serving Jumia,
the largest e-commerce mall in Africa, helloPay has plans to expand rapidly throughout Nigeria and even further afield.
HelloPay is part of Africa Internet Group, a leading global incubator of e-commerce startups with more than 3,000 employees in over 20 African countries. Among Africa Internet Group’s companies are huge successes such as Jumia.com, Kaymu.com, Hellofood.com, Lamudi.com, Carmudi.com and Jovago.com. It is staffed by world-class leaders who bring a mix of local and international talent and is backed by MTN, Millicom and Rocket Internet.
Today, HelloPay is looking for an experienced and talented individual who is ready to join our vibrant and fast-growing team of professionals in the position below:
Job Title: Fraud Analyst
In order to succeed in the role, you should ideally possess the following skills:
- Problem-solving, positive and constructive attitude is a must.
- Comfort in dealing with uncertainty and operating in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Proficiency in machine learning algorithms and technologies.
- Strong analytical acumen, comfortable gathering data from various sources, generating and evaluating insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and at least one local language.
- Knowledge of KYC processes and credit risks associated with merchant acquisition is a plus.
- Knowledge of banking and credit card regulations is a plus.
- Significant knowledge and experience in e-commerce fraud, credit card fraud, account take-over.
- Proficiency in fraud detection technologies and tools (e.g. scoring mechanisms, rules engines).
- Advanced data mining knowledge and usage of tools (e.g. SQL, R, SAS, Excel).
Reporting to the Vice President, Risk, your responsibilities will be:
- Proactively identify fraud trends that may impact business goals and targets.
- Research internal and external data to identify risky behaviours and create strategies to minimize fraud.
- Ensure operational processes are adequate, documented and enforced (e.g. fraud monitoring, dispute management, KYC, chargebacks and protection policies).
- Conduct or coordinate investigations on suspected fraudulent activities and provide recommendations to management and/or respective law enforcement agencies.
- Report periodically to management in a clear and concise manner.
- Ensure necessary records and databases are maintained for regulatory, research and reporting purposes.
- Optimise systems to achieve optimal acceptance rate while keeping fraud loss to a minimum.
- Develop and maintain machine learning models to detect fraud.
- Act as fraud subject matter expert towards other departments such as marketing and product development.
- Lead a regional team of senior fraud analysts.
How to Apply
Click here to apply