Centre for Health Education, Economic Rehabilitation and Social Security (CHEERS) is one of the leading indigenous Implementing Partners in Nigeria focussing on mitigating the impact of
HIV/AIDs, Malaria and Tuberculosis in Nigeria. CHEERS mission is to improve the quality of lives of vulnerable population groups in rural communities across Nigeria by increasing access to healthcare services, education and economic empowerment opportunities. CHEERS is currently scaling up TB/HIV program coordination and implementation within the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria.
Job Title: MERL Manager
Summary of Position:
S/he has the overall responsibility for effective planning and successful implementation of CHEERS M&E programs and projects as well as all activities related to developing, implementing, and overseeing the Program’s entire performance management and reporting system, including preparing and updating the M&E Plan for CHEERS.
- · Direct and manage the development of state project work plans and budget for the M&E component of any CHEERS state project.
- · Provide performance data, ensuring data integrity, verifying data, preparing and submitting in a timely manner all required performance reports to donors.
- · Supervise monitoring and evaluation processes and ensure quality and timely periodic production of M&E information products in line with requirements.
- · Review M&E information products, distil and communicate their implications for programme implementation, including modification in geographical priorities, target groups, interventions and implementing partners with a view to shaping programme direction.
- · Coordinate and supervise development of information management systems for monitoring and evaluation.
- · Facilitate capacity building for monitoring and evaluation of TB/HIV programmes.
- · Actively participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings relating to M&E.
- · Effectively communicate on all technical project implementation plans and expectations to team members and state officers in a timely and clear fashion.
- · Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate Program Officers and Assistants within the M&E unit.
- · Enhance M&E capacity among member organisations, to ensure accountability, facilitate planning and strengthen service delivery.
- · Provide M&E technical assistance, strategic guidance, training and practical support to member organisations as well as to team members.
- · Assist with documenting and continuously improve CHEERS central M&E system.
- · Collect, verify, collate and analyse data on performance indicators from CHEERS state offices and partners.
- · Consistently and transparently disseminate and report M&E data to stakeholders.
- · Monitor and evaluate progress of States work in the field by undertaking periodic visits to program sites within the states.
- · Develop and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports on M&E to the Programs Coordinator, Executive Director.
- · Carry out any other duties assigned by the Project Coordinator and Executive Director.
Qualifications and Skills:
- · Master’s Degree or equivalent, in health, social sciences, or management.
- · At least eight years’ experience in the monitoring and evaluation of large-scale programmes e.g. Global Fund.
- · At least five years’ experience in managing a team of at least five persons.
- · Experience in the design and building of at least one monitoring and evaluation system, from inception (or design stages).
- · Three years experience in designing and implementing scientific research (research project leader on at least one major research project).
- · Systems building and systems thinking skills as well as high-level advocacy and communications skills.
- · Well developed conceptual thinking skills.
- · Evidence of result-driven and results-based management.
- · Extensive experience in working with international cooperating partners and donors, the public and private sectors and non-governmental organisations
- · Have a good grasp of the determinants, challenges and impact of TB/HIV in Nigeria and the growing demand for effective response planning, monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- · Experience in the design and implementation of TB/HIV programmes
- · Experience in the design and implementation of DHIS 2.0, and other M&E related software
- · Ability to work in and around team building environment and work under pressure.
- · Previous experience in managing a Global Fund project, working on M&E will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Technical Officer
Summary of position:
To provide the TB/HIV program of CHEERS with technical services relating to projects/grants and program administration and implementation as well as a variety of support in the area of information collection.
- · Develops in-depth knowledge of assigned TB/HIV program areas, including current issues and key resource people and organizations, and a clear understanding of how they fit into CHEERS interests. Develops and maintains adequate resource files for assigned program areas.
- · Keep current with developments in the TB/HIV programming throughout Nigeria and attend relevant meetings and keep abreast with issues, concerns and needs that should inform the effective implementation of the CHEERS program strategy.
- · Develop, implement and manage initiatives of the Organization on TB/HIV and work to provide operational and financial monitoring.
- · Review incoming requests for partnership and prepare recommendations for presentation to Management.
- · Collaborate with the TB/HIV Manager and other Program Officers to prepare the Organization’s work plan.
- · Represent the TB/HIV Manager at relevant meetings and other activities as assigned by the Management.
- · Monitor and implement timely and appropriate payment to TB/HIV grantees.
- · Review and assess narrative and financial reports provided by grantees and making recommendations for action.
- · Provide Program-related administrative support, including but not limited to –
- *Assist with the preparation of presentations for conferences and meetings;
- *Regular collection and analysis of data that inform the development of the TB/HIV programs of the Organization;
- *A comprehensive data of networks in the sector and liaise with relevant organizations;
- *Source for Program-related materials and publications;
- *Provide regular updates on TB/HIV program implementation
Qualifications and Skills:
- · Candidates should be holders of a University degree and further qualification in the social or health sciences or a related field with at least 3 years of work experience in TB/HIV in Nigeria.
- · Experience in TB/HIV services and coordination of state programs.
- · Solid working knowledge of TB/HIV Programming especially in a treatment setting.
- · Experience in project management and administration.
- · Strong analytical capacity and experience in project planning and monitoring.
- · Computer skills (MS Office), knowledge of basic accounting and grant management.
- · Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to learn quickly and expand scope of functions.
- · Integrity, professional discretion and ability to handle confidential information.
- · Ability to assume ultimate responsibility, work under pressure.
- · Experience with the Global Fund will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Summary of Position:
The program coordinator has the overall responsibility to coordinate TB/HIV program implementation and the work of all state and head office managers. S/he will ensure full success of donor program activities with strict adherence to its set timing, quality delivery, budget and indicators. Main responsibilities are indicated below:
- · Supervision and Coordination: Supervise the work of all staff in the Programme team to ensure all activities are properly coordinated and in accordance with the required outputs of projects. Organise and facilitate regular programme team meetings. Ensure that the Executive Director is given up date on the progress of the project and understands what is happening in the programme and what advice and assistance is required from the Executive Director.
- · Monitoring: Observe and monitor activities of each line/state Manager, through attending Project Team meetings, workshops and reviewing staff reports. Monitor the outputs of each project. Take action to ensure that projects remain “on course” to achieve their required outputs.
- · Project Support: Provide technical support to each line/state Manager in order to help achieve the intended outputs. Assist especially activities that are more sensitive or difficult in nature or which require additional staff resources and more specialised technical input.
- · Information collection/analysis: Coordinate information collection, analysis, and recording/storage of information within the programme unit. Develop the advocacy strategies of the programme using this information and analysis. Coordinate preparation of information materials in the programme and submission as at when due to donors.
- · Government and donor liaison: Liaise with technical-level officials from the government and from donor organizations, assisting the government with regard to the project’s advocacy agenda, in close consultation with the relevant line/state Manager. Assist the Executive Director in liaising with high-level officials from Government and donor/development partners organizations.
- · Financial management: Examine and make appropriate recommendations for approval of requests for advancing or disbursing programme funds in a timely manner, in accordance with donor specific financial regulations and with proper regard for the efficient and responsible use of donor funds.
- · Contracting of consulting services: Draft terms of reference and contracts for consulting services needed by the programme, for the Executive Director’s signature.
- · Reporting: Ensure constant briefing with the Executive Director on all aspect of projects and to contribute to and carefully edit the monthly, semi-annual and annual reports drafted by the Managers, in order to provide reports of a high standard in line with agreed content requirements and formats. Bring to the Executive Director’s attention challenges that require further discussion.
- · Planning and budgeting: In consultation with the relevant Managers, prepare amendments to the Action Plan and budget, at least twice a year or more often if required, in order to achieve the intended project outputs. When required, lead the process of drafting the next Action Plan, in order to achieve a plan of high quality in line with the donor objectives.
- · Other duties: Assist the Executive Director with other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- · MBBS minimum, advanced degree in Public Health, or equivalent experience will be an added advantage.
- · Ten years plus senior level experience in TB/HIV development program operations.
- · At least eight years’ experience in managing a team of at least five persons.
- · In depth knowledge and five years cognate experience of heading and serving as a Project Director or Project Coordinator in managing Global Fund, USG and other international donor agencies projects at a senior management level.
- · Comfortable with a team approach to management and the ability to manage several major activities simultaneously.
- · Excellent general management skills particularly in facilitation, team building and coordination.
- · Effective communicator with ability to communicate organization’s direction and ability to motivate others with strong, honest leadership.
- · Strong supervisory and excellent problem solving skills.
- · Prior program coordination experience with background on reporting to donors.
- · Excellent time management, organizational and computer software skills.
- · Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- · A highly motivated and organized individual, comfortable with working under minimum supervision and as part of a team. An ability to cope with work-related pressure, whilst remaining deadline and focus oriented, and good humoured.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Summary of Position
CHEERS seeks the services of a Finance Manager that will be saddled with the overall responsibility for the organization’s accounting systems; ensuring that accounting records are well maintained and that internal control are appropriately developed and implemented. The Finance Manager will lead budget preparation and financial reporting, supervision and support to the line-managed staffs, and the review of all financial transactions in CHEERS. The FM also ensures the effective monitoring of the financial capacity and performance of programs and projects and the provision of technical support to help build financial capacity of CHEERS state offices, partners and CBOs.
Key roles and responsibilities
- · Responsible for the financial administration of head and field offices, partner organizations, and staff members
- · Write and maintain financial reports
- · Responsible for budgeting and reporting for donor projects
- · Monitor budgets of head and field offices as well as the projects
- · Monitor and audit the partners’ project accounts
- · Analyse, monitor data and provide timely and solid guiding advice on budget allocation and expenditure to the Executive Director, and program managers
- · Lead the financial team, and supervise (project) accountants in their work
- · Plan the team assignments, monitor and prioritize, ensuring timely delivery of financial reports
- · Perform other duties and support other staff members as required
- · Qualified Accountant with ICAN/ACCA certification and Bachelors degree in Accountancy or related discipline. Possession of advanced Degree will be an added advantage
- · 8 years’ experience in the I/NGO with minimum of 3years experience at financial management level
- · Theoretical and practical knowledge of technical tax laws and skill with the ability to apply it.
- · Excellent knowledge and implementation of QuickBooks accounting software and other computing software
- · Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, knowledge of Arabic is an advantage;
- · Strong analytical skills;
- · Communication and leadership skills;
- · Commitment, reliability and high degree of personal integrity;
- · Planning and time management skills;
What we offer
- · Challenging working environment with scope for professional and personal development;
- · Being part of a dedicated, motivated and intercultural team;
- · Salary depending on the capacity and experience of the candidate.
How to Apply
Please submit your one page application and CV with contact details of 3 referees firstname.lastname@example.org please indicate clearly that you are applying for the above mentioned position by mentioning the position in the subject line of your mail and in your application letter.
NOTE: There are no relocation allowances for the advertised position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and shortlisted candidates must be ready to attend interview at their own cost.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer
The closing date for all application is 5pm Friday 15th April 2016.