Skill Enhancement Centre (SENCE) Limited – We are a Business Consultancy firm focused on small/medium businesses.
Our goal is to provide our clients with the support they need to grow their businesses by providing them with value-added and convenient services in a friendly atmosphere.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agricultural Crop Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Directs and coordinates workers activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll, and record keeping.
- Liaise with farmers on management of crop production.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Monitors and controls resources
- Oversees the spending of money.
- Determines procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy.
- Analyzes soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Inspects orchards and fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
- Plans and directs development and production of hybrid plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics.
- Purchases machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tractors, seed, fertilizer, and chemicals.
- Hires, discharges, transfers, and promotes workers, enforces safety regulations, and interprets policies.
- Evaluates financial statements and makes budget proposals.
- Performs day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processes paperwork.
- Provides guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems, or process-related topics.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, selecting, hiring of new employees
- Handles performance management related issues
- Coordinates growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, packing houses, and other related departments.
- Analyzes market conditions to determine acreage allocations.
- Confers with purchasers and arranges for sale of crops.
- Records information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports.
- Perform any other function as required by farm owner
How to Apply
Click here to apply