The Federal College of Education (Technical) Gombe, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position:
Job Title: College Librarian
- The College Librarian is a Principal Officer who shall be responsible to the Provost for the administration of the College Library and coordination of Library services in the Teaching Units of the Institution.
Candidates for the post shall be professionally trained Librarians and be of impeccable character, honest and with high moral behaviour. In addition, the candidates should also have:
- A minimum of MLS Degree (a Ph.D will be an added advantage).
- Relevant publications (In Journals and text books) equivalent to that of a Chief Lecturer.
- Evidence of Membership of recognized Professional Associations.
- At least 18 years cognate experience.
- Attained the rank of Chief Librarian.
- Computer Literacy.
Salary and Terms of Appointment
The salary and conditions of service for the College Librarian shall be as obtainable in the Federal Colleges of Education system in Nigeria. The appointment shall be for an initial term of five (5) years and may be renewable for a second and final term of five (5) years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) copies of their application and curriculum vitae attaching their credentials under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “POST OF COLLEGE LIBRARIAN” on the right corner and addressed to:
Federal College of Education (Technical),
RM.B. 60, Gombe,
The Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the applicants shall among others contain the following information:
- Full name, with Surname underlined
- Marital Status
- Number of children
- Date and place of birth
- Local Government Area and State of Origin
- Current postal address
- Permanent Home address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Associations I Bodies
- Working experience in chronological sequence
- Present Employer
- Salary and Status
- Names and address of three (3) referees, one of which must be the present employer.
- Applicants are required to inform their referees to submit three (3) copies of confidential report on them to the same address as above before the closing date.
- Applicants who are above sixty (60) years of age need not apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for interview.