Jhpiego, an Affiliate, of Johns Hopkins University is implementing a 3 years Bill and Melinda Gate funded project in Nigeria and Kenya. The Nigeria project is to be implemented in Nassarawa state.
The project proposes to develop a group care model for ANC appropriate to the Nigerians contests that will support the MOH to operationalize its guidelines and test whether their alternative model of ANC is more effective, feasible, and acceptable than the Current standard of care at achieving better coverage and quality of ANC services. The project is designed for high-volume government health facilities and will explore the opportunities and challenges of different settings (urban, pen-urban, and rural) to inform scale-up.
We hereby invite applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Abuja – Nigeria
Summary Scope of Work
- The Procurement Officer will report to the Senior Finance and Administration Manager and will be responsible for providing procurement support to the Jhpiego Nigeria Country Office.
- This includes sourcing, negotiating, purchasing and liaising with the wide variety of vendors/suppliers.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day implementation of the procurement systems and procedures.
- S/he will work closely with the Senior Finance & Administration Manager to ensure timely procurement and will proactively identify gaps and make suggestions for improvement.
The successful candidate will provide all procurement and purchasing support functions to the Jhpiego Nigeria Country Office which includes:
- Sourcing for quotations and negotiating for prices, terms, delivery and after sale services with vendors.
- Maintain/update procurement systems and records: implementing the procurement system identified by Jhpiego Baltimore.
- Assist in coordinating with Baltimore staff on approvals shipments clearing and deliveries to the office
- Participating in evaluating, appraising and selecting suppliers vendors.
- Work closely with the Senior Finance & Admin Manager / procurement committee to ensure timely procurement and proactively identify gaps and make suggestions for improvement.
- Prepare basis for vendor selection and where necessary forward to Jhpiego Baltimore for approval of procurement and prepare documentation for prior approval.
- Raise LPOs and forward to vendors/suppliers.
- Follow up with vendors to ensure timely delivery of goods and services,
- Work with Jhpiego staff to determine specifications for goods and services
- Assume other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Experience working in a busy office.
- Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Word. MS Power Point, and MS Excel.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- A broad variety of administrative, office management and computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality.
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization.
- Must be flexible and able, to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in managing teams and supervising multi cultural staff.
- Be sell motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trustand confidence.
- Pleasant, warm and outgoing personality.
All staff members of Jhpiego regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the mission and values stated above
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability,
- Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
- Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and or organizational objectives
- Participate in the business development processes
- Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process.
- University Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or a related field,
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience with at least 2 years in similar position.
- Must be a member of a procurement professional organization (CIPS, NCIPSM etc)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application letter and a CV as one single word document to:firstname.lastname@example.org The title/subject of your email and application should be the position of what you have applied for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pro-employment background investigation
Deadline 3rd May, 2016.