International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
IITA seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan:
Job Title: Project Data Officer
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Qualification and Competencies
- MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics and any other related field with minimum of 4 years of experience performing similar role in a structured organization.
- Give advice to project managers and project data managers;
- Contribute in writing Procedural guidelines and workflow descriptions in projects in collaboration with SharePoint designer; creating and refining Project/Unit SP-site template;
- Contribute in writing project/unit data management plans;
- Seek approval of project/unit data management plans;
- Facilitate project data management discussions;
- Travel to other African countries on assignmen;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Good analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good training and facilitation skills.
- Team worker: willingness to share all relevant information with colleagues and users pro-actively at the right time; to show flexibility, respect, friendliness and openness in cooperation; to show ability to compromise.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications
Deadline: 4th May, 2016.