Vacany at IITA for CKAN Repository Officer/Programmer
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
IITA seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan:
Job Title: CKAN Repository Officer/Programmer
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- B.Sc/HND in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics and any other related field with minimum of 2-3 years of experience performing similar role in a structured organization.
ResponsibilitiesSuccessful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Plan, develop and conduct implementation of CKAN that fits into the IITA data infrastructure and information landscape;
- Develop draft of workflows for upload, download, harvesting data and connection with databases/platforms, especially SharePoint;
- Server administration and repair;
- Serve as collection point of all IITA research output data/metadata;
- Cataloguing and check of metadata;
- Check uniqueness of dataset;
- Assessing need and conducting of a file conversion
- Filling of missing metadata;
- Assessing need/usefulness/ability to present the data in a “eye catching” format (map, chart, diagram etc.);
- Implement customization
- Programming links to other repositories, especially the python based GeoNode;
- Give persistent identifier;
- Inform interested data users;
- Managing content of legacy data;
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Proven experience in setting up a corporate CKAN platform.
- Experience working with CKAN.
- Very strong programming skills in Python (or PHP).
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.