Desired Skills and Experience
BSc or higher degree in Engineering (or any relevant technical degree)
- Project Management 30+ years E&P experience with 15 years in Project Management
- Good project management and leadership skills – Project director!
- knowledge of different types of projects-Strong Technical and Commercial focus; strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams;
- Knowledge of upstream, midstream and downstream gas with thorough understanding of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation contracts and typical agreements???
- Required In-depth knowledge of at least one of: Instrumentation and automation, Mechanical engineering & construction, Pipeline engineering and construction, Chemical engineering and process design.
- Should have managed different types of projects.
Incumbent will be responsible for identifying, developing and executing oil and gas projects in line with the board of directors requirements.
He will ensure that the company operates within the highest standards in terms of technical execution, HSE performance, and within the highest ethical boundaries.
He will develop a company strategy in terms of addressing company risks.
He will develop an overall contracting strategy, balancing the need to maximise local content with the requirement to operate with the highest technical standards.
He will develop an HR policy with respect to the use of expatriate resources.
He will be responsible to interface and develop good relations with the relevant government authorities..
- Initiate, manage and deliver: new opportunities in exploration and development planning, engineering and construction of upstream and midstream facilities.
- Accountable for the facilities planning, design, construction and major turnaround projects. ???
- Reporting point for the Project Managers. ????
- Project Management Teams: Interviews and selects the key members of project management teams for major facilities projects. ????
- Assists project teams to recruit, place, train and develop high quality staff. ????
- Corporate Resource: Acts as corporate E&P authority regarding upstream and midstream assets. Strategy
- Defines upstream/midstream strategies.
- Key resource to the projects/investments. People development
- Mentors, inspires and develops engineering and project professionals and leaders. Problem solving
- Provides leadership to project teams to identify and mitigate issues to ensure project success in a timely manner. Quality
- Provides stewardship for overall asset integrity, regulatory compliance, and good petroleum industry practice for upstream and midstream assets. Ethics & Compliance
- Perform the duties with full ethics and compliance HSSE: Meet HSSE responsibilities as stated in the Company’s HSSE policies and related documentation/communications.
Define HSE policies. This guy is the boss!! Ensure implementation and full adherence to requirements of the HSSE management system as specified in the HSSE policies, procedures or any other HSSE items cascaded.