2016/2017 Admission into Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital
Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital, School of Post Basic Nursing Studies – Applications are invited from suitably qualified Nurses for admission into a-12 calendar months Post-Basic Diploma Programme in Paediatric and Accident & Emergency Nursing.
Applicants for admission into the programmes must posses the following:
- SSCE with 5 credits in not more than two sittings, These must include English Language, Mathematics, Biology (not Health Science) physics and chemistry. A combination of NECO and WAEC acceptable.
- Registered Nurse/Midwife with a minimum of 1 year post qualification experience.
- B.NSc with a PGDE is an added advantage.
Selection of candidates will be based on academic qualification and performance at the entrance examination and oral interview.
Entrance Examination will hold in the SPBNS Auditorium as follows:
- Tuesday 26th July, 2016 (Accident & Emergency Programme) 10:00am prompt
- Wednesday 27th July, 2016 (Paediatric Programme) 10:00am prompt
Applicants should bring along writing materials for the examination. Mobile phones are not allowed into the examination hall. Applicants are to bring along original copies of their certificates and valid practicing licenses for the interview.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should pay a non-refundable fee of N8,000:00 (Eight thousand naira) only to:
- Sterling Bank (UPTH Branch) A/C No.: 0008832930 for Paediatric Programme and
- Sterling Bank (UPTH Branch) A/C No.: 0029875947 for Accident & Emergency Programme
Present the teller at the office of the Bursar, in the school for the issuance of an official receipt and on presentation of evidence of such payment, obtain an application form from the Administrative Office of the School of Post-Basic Nursing Studies.
Completed application forms with photocopies of all relevant documents are to reach the Coordinators of the programmes at the School of Post-Basic Nursing Studies on or before the closing date above.
Note: Applicants are to make necessary arrangement for their accommodation and feeding throughout the duration of the interview.
Deadline: 22nd July, 2016.