Job Title: Online Editor
- Media Trust Limited, publisher of the Trust titles has a vacancy for an Online Editor who will be responsible for planning, commissioning, editing and publishing news on the company’s website.
- The job entails using the company’s network of reporters to drive a compelling news site with audio, video and graphs for a full multi media experience.
- At least a Bachelors degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, English or other related field.
- Candidates with 5-7 years previous experience in a media organization especially an online one are encouraged to apply.
- The ideal candidate must have excellent writing and editing skills, with an understanding of the special requirements of writing for the Web, such as the use of keywords, hyperlinks, navigation and the importance of brevity.
- They must have a good eye for detail, with excellent spell grammar and punctuation skills. In addition, the candidate should be familiar of the needs of different platforms like smart phones and tablets.
- The prospective Online Editor must have good interpersonal skills to work effectively with colleagues doing different but related work and also have good organizational skills to collate material from multiple sources and produce web content within tight deadlines.
The successful candidate should also have the following specific skills:
- Develop online and social media strategies to grow audience
- Hands-on publishing; Tweeting, posting to Facebook, select, create, write, publish and edit content, create engaging story packages
- Help team spot breaking news, viral and curated stories in a short turn around time
- Disseminate content through social media and other engagement tools
- Proven ability to write and edit breaking, viral and curated stories for a digital audience
- Ability to analyze traffic data, track metrics and respond to them.
- Understanding of HTML, Photoshop and blog publishing platforms as well as social media platforms
- Thrives under pressure and realizes news never shuts down.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications and CV’s to:firstname.lastname@example.org
17th May, 2016.