The MacTay Group – Our client, Duplantis Design Group affords advancement opportunities to all employees in an effort to continue our growth and success. Several of our current Project Managers
and Assistant Project Managers started at the firm as AutoCAD Operators. These employees have grown in their duties and responsibilities via exhibiting the characteristics necessary to manage all aspects of a project. These opportunities will continue to be extended to those exhibiting the desired characteristics as the firm continues to grow.
Duplantis Design Group is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: AutoCAD Operator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The AutoCAD Operator is responsible for the daily design document preparation of commercial, retail, municipal, and various other civil design projects.
- The underlying focus of the AutoCAD Operator should be providing the most comprehensive and accurate construction documents feasible in the time allocated.
- The AutoCAD Operator is expected to operate as part of a team. They are directly accountable to a Project Manager and ultimately accountable to the Practice Area Leader.
- The AutoCAD Operator is required to maintain strong team relationships by working closely with the Project Manager during the design document preparation phase of the project.
Key Working Relationships
- Project Managers
- Senior Project Managers
- Clerical Staff
- Other AutoCAD Operators
- OND certificate holder
- Proficient in AutoCAD /ProE Creo Parametric software.
- Familiar with design parameters related to milling equipment.
- Knowledgeable of standard drafting practices and procedures.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time.
- Excellent communications skills: interpersonal, listening, oral, and written.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office.
- Able to generate layout drawings from sketches and specifications.
The specific responsibilities of the AutoCAD Operator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform the preparation of civil construction documents in keeping with the firm’s design philosophy. That philosophy is to provide the client not only what is necessary from a permitting standpoint, but also to provide the client with a set of documents which will allow the successful bidder to construct the project efficiently and with minimal changes in scope of work.
- Integration and detailed understanding of multiple key factors should be considered during the course of design.
- The following is brief list of some of the key factors:
- Duplantis Design Group’s drafting standard
- Clarity and accuracy of document
- Sound engineering practice
- Municipal regulations and requirements
- Client dictated design criteria
How to Apply
Click here to apply