Latest Jobs in a Downstream Oil Company in Nigeria
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
- Human resources (HR) officers develop advice on and implement policies relating to the effective use of personnel within the organisation.
- Ensure that the organisation employs the right balance of staff in terms of skills and experience, and that training and development opportunities are available to employees to enhance their performance and achieve the employer’s business aims.
- Liaising with a wide range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety;
- Recruiting staff – this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management;
- Preparing staff handbooks;
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits;
- Undertaking regular salary reviews;
- Negotiating with staff and their representatives (for example, trade union officials) on issues relating to pay and conditions;
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records;
- Interpreting and advising on employment law;
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures;
- Developing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements;
- Planning, and delivering, training – including inductions for new staff;
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
You will need to have:
- Business awareness and management skills;
- Organisational skills and the ability to understand detailed information;
- IT and numeracy skills, with strong IT skills required;
- Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels;
- A proven track record of ‘making a difference’;
- B.Sc in the Arts and Social Sciences, MBA. Professional qualifications in HR.
- 3-5 years work experience in a downstream sector of the oil industry
Job Title: Accountant
- To ensure that all Accounts and Financial activities of the company are properly carried out, monitored and coordinated.
- Confer with senior management and other departments to ensure effective and efficient financial planning and resource utilization.
- Ensure the financial information asset of the company is well protected, preserved with confidentiality and available to the right people at the right format and time.
- Drive staff training and competency develop.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial and management accounts reporting
- Maintain general financial records
- Monitor and report on outstanding accounts
- Oversee and reconcile retail cash operations.
- Reconcile all accounts each month, to balance sheet
- Maintain liabilities and assets aspects of accounts on a monthly basis
- Provide financial performance reports for each segment.
- Prepare statement of expenditure for each segment on monthly basis.
- Develop cash flow projections for each segment.
- Prepare monthly profit and loss statements for segment.
- Maintain all records to audit ready standard
- Ensure proper, accurate, timely and relevant financial records are maintained.
- The Accountant is expected to undertake the required duties in consultation with other relevant employees, having regard to Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Formally, the Accountant is required to report to the Managing Director, who will be the principal point of contact for supervision and support.
- B.Sc in Accounting or Finance, MBA.
- Must be a qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA)
- 3-5 years experience in downstream sector retail operations is a key advantage.