Emerging Platforms Group is an innovation focused technology firm with offices in Lagos and Abuja. We work with governments, security agencies, corporate organizations and individuals to deliver turnkey, performance enhancing technology and security solutions.
We are seeking to employ qualified and experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Technology Officer
- The Chief Technology Officer’s (CTO) role is to assure the successful execution of the company’s business mission through development and deployment of various technologies as required.
- This requires envisioning the company’s service offerings as a technology solution provider, leading implementation, providing ongoing support and planning for risk and growth.
- The CTO will provide strategic and hands-on leadership for the company’s key value delivery processes and will lead the project management, solution engineering, infrastructure and technical support efforts of the business.
- This role will be ultimately responsible for the delivery and ongoing support of all projects and will play a lead role in ensuring that the technology deployment strategy supports the business goals in a timely, efficient and profitable manner.
- In partnership with executive management, identify opportunities and risks in achieving the company’s strategic objectives.
- Be responsible for the development of all customer solutions to time, budget and defined scope.
- Be responsible for the ongoing support and administration of all internal, external or customer implementations and systems.
- Be responsible for project stakeholder management and high level technical interactions
- Liaise with all relevant departments and take leadership on the design, delivery and support of all internal, external or customer projects.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms for delivering the company’s services.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all solutions.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, office networks and computers, and telecommunications.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company organizational needs.
- Establish a governance process that meets government, partner, and company expectations for all internal and external technology implementations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, project management, infrastructure, technical support, user support and software development best practices.
- Define and communicate company values and standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, or software.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve project milestones.
- Lead the design, build and Implementation of technology innovations that will position the company as a market leader in the industry.
- Ensure that all team members understand and are guided by the core cultures of the organization.
- Ensure adequate business continuity and disaster recovery across all technical business assets.
- Create and maintain skills and competency succession plans for all unit heads and team members to ensure business stability.
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process for all units within the department
- Support the marketing process by providing business advisory services during formulation of sales and marketing strategies/targets.
- Ensure that units under the CTO’s direct supervision work with appropriate stakeholders to develop project scope and project plans that include an analysis of benefit, cost, work schedule and any related risks.
- Assign, schedule, review, and monitor project work to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time and within agreed or assigned budget
- Ensure departmental appraisals and developmental plans are carried out as and when required
- Ensure appropriate contract documents are created and maintained for all business engagements.
- Brief the board and management, generate divisional reports and manage all the human and material resources of the division.
To succeed in this job role, you should have:
- A minimum 6 years’ experience in ICT / Technology Industry Space, with experience spanning software development, hardware, integration, support and project management.
- Managerial level work experience
- A MBA or Masters in ICT
- Experience in managing agile software development
- Experience with ITIL
- 3+ years of experience as both a hands-on architect and a software engineer
- Experience in hands-on Java or .NET, PHP, HTML, CSS and jQuery
- Experience in Linux/Windows Server operating systems
- Experience in Relational Database Management Systems (Oracle/SQL Server/MySQL)
- Understanding of Webservers (Apache, Tomcat, IIS), Cloud architecture (cloud hosting, AWS, Azure)
- Excellent understanding of ICT Program / Project Management Principles and Tools.
- Strong People and Team Management Skills
- Outstanding leadership, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Strong business ethics and high level of integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their applications and CV’s to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Should you meet our job requirements, we will get back to you in order to schedule a job interview. If you have not been contacted within two (2) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Deadline: 5th June, 2016