Research Supervisor Job at IITA
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
IITA seeks application from suitable qualified Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan:
Job Title: Research Supervisor
Job Ref: IITA-HR-NRS2016-022
Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- BSc/HND in Agriculture with minimum of 2 (two) years’ experience in breeding or similar role.
- Ideal candidate bust be organized and be able to pay attention to details
- Must have good time management skills.
- Dependable, takes initiative and ready to accept responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in supervising all field research activities, field layout, fertilizer application, planting, data collection and harvesting;
- Assist in supervising seed preparation of breeding nurseries and trial including planting, hand pollination and data collection in and outside Ibadan;
- Assist in supervising appropriate harvesting, processing storage and retrieval of samples from trials and nurseries planted at the different locations in and outside Ibadan for laboratory analyses;
- Assist in data collection and monitor casual labors;
- Assist in special project including HarvestPlus-Maize Project;
- Assist scientists to maintain strict control of budget expenditure and casual employment;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information
Deadline: 20th May, 2016.