eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can
be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
eHealth Africa is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Department: Emergency Operation Centre
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
- The EOC Administrative Coordinator coordinates and performs a wide variety of administrative and technical services to support activities of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
- S/he serves as a primary point of operational and administrative contact for internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned
- Serves as a primary point of direct administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and external stakeholders and partners on a range of specified issues; organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events, as required.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events.
- Gathers, enters, and/or updates data to maintain departmental records and databases, as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records for the EOC.
- Participates in an administrative capacity in special projects that may require liaising with multiple departments.
- Provides general administrative/technical support to the State Manager and Partners as required.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, VPN, Email routing and HTTP.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Investigates, diagnose and solves computer software and hardware faults.
- Installs, maintains, configures and troubleshoot telecommunication infrastructure, including VOIP phones, AP’s, WLAN controllers including servers, printers, computers workstations, etc.
- Sets up meeting rooms with appropriate technology and arranges lunches, dinners and refreshments for meetings.
- Performs general secretarial/clerical duties including recording and transcribing minutes of meetings, photocopying, fax, and mailing.
- Assists in managing all technical equipment (printers, computers, projectors, etc.)
- Responsible for managing daily task managers and email reminders.
- Maintains electric and hard copy filing systems Prepares and modifies documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, and emails.
- Coordinates and oversees the day-to-day management of supplies, equipment, and facilities for the organization, as appropriate, to include maintenance, inventory management, logistics, security, and related activities.
- Provides technical support to troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Responsible for performing any other duty as assigned by management.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution in Business Administration, marketing or any related field.
- Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Good learning ability.
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of 3 years administrative support experience required.
- Excellent communication skills required including written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Extensive software skills are required, as well as Internet research abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
How to Apply
Click here to apply