Job Description for Welder
Job Description – Welders perform a range of routine to highly skilled repairs and fabrication. They execute the technical functions and responsibilities of the welding operation; and performs related work as required.
- Designs parts and works from sketches or blueprints.
- Repairs damaged equipment, performs welding or fabrication as needed on facilities, vehicles and equipment
- Prepares work orders and reviews maintenance reports.
- Performs skilled welding and brazing processes such as oxy-acetylene, electric arc, metallic inert gas (MIG), and tungsten inert gas (TIG).
- Fabricates parts and weldments.
- Works closely with vendors, contractors and other departments as required during projects, repairs and change orders.
- Organizes, cleans, and maintains a safe work shop area.
- Maintains shop equipment.
- Performs mobile welding and mechanical repairs.
- Performs daily safety inspections of equipment and machinery.