Mzrinel Engineering Limited is a multi-disciplined consulting firm in the areas of engineering design, land surveying and construction management. Mzrinel Engineering was established in 2013 in response to a growing need to assist small and medium sized companies that may not have the financial resources to retain a full time safety. We offer services in training program development and delivery, training needs assessments, program and facility audits, industrial hygiene sampling and program writing, as well as supplying health and safety related products through agency agreements with a variety of manufacturers.
Services include Civil/Site Engineering, Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Land Surveying, Resident Engineering Inspection, Real Estate Services, Environmental, Health and Safety, Technology Solutions, BIM Services and Construction Management, consulting & coaching services specializing in crisis, emergency & contingency planning, and emergency response experience. Competencies include developing perpetual profit systems & identifying & evaluating profit sources, improving marketing ROI & strategic business planning. Laboratory services provided. Capabilities include research and development, design, testing and analysis. Industries served include national security, health and life sciences, and energy and environmental.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Determine staffing numbers, staff training, skills and needs to meet the organisation’s objectives.
- Analyse the skills and qualities required for each particular job and develop job descriptions and duty statements.
- Advertise staff vacancies, assess applications, interview applicants, administer selection tests, prepare reports and make recommendations to management about staff appointments.
- Maintain the personal records of employees on matters such as wages, superannuation, leave and training, and prepare associated management reports.
- Use a number of management information systems to record, maintain, plan and manage the organisation’s human resources.
- Provide advice and information to management and employees on human resource policies and procedures, including equal opportunity, anti-discrimination and occupational health and safety programmes.
- Organise employee welfare services such as health and wellbeing programmes, first aid and fire warden training, superannuation and social activities.
- Take part in enterprise bargaining talks where employees, management and unions discuss the development of specific work arrangements and conditions (pay and hours of work, for example).
- Help implement organisational changes (such as those following from industrial relations legislation, revised job classification structures or technological changes) and take part in strategic management.
Requirements and Qualifications
- HND/Degree in Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences (Economics, Commerce, Human Resources Management, and Law), Engineering or any related course. Masters degree is an added advantage.
- Good planning, organisational, analytical, decision-making, oral and written communication skills.
- Tactful and discrete when dealing with people and confidential information.
- Business awareness and management skills.
- IT and numeracy skills, with strong IT skills required if managing/operating computerised payroll and benefits systems.
- Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and explain employment law.
- Integrity and approachability, as managers and staff must feel able to discuss sensitive and confidential issues with you.
- Ability to compile and interpret statistical data and communicate it in a professional and understandable manner.
- Influencing and negotiating skills to implement personnel policies.
- Potential to handle a leadership role.
- At least 2 years working experience.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should forward CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using Job Title as subject of mail