Alexander Nelson – Our client is a top 5 brand in the Nigerian Real Estate Industry and part of a worldwide group of companies with offices in Lagos, London, Brisbane, Abu Dhabi, Ghana and Dubai.
Job Title: Legal Executive
This position entails the provision of support to the Company Secretary of the Organization. Work requires a high level of discretion and often requires the use and handling of confidential information.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Rendering the necessary assistance to the Company Secretary with regards to all tasks that pertain to the legal desk including but not limited to the following:
- To attend meetings of the company and of the Board of Directors and render all company secretarial services in respect of such meetings,
- To capture tasks assigned at meetings and notify relevant officers of same
- Following up on tasks assigned during meetings attended until such tasks /directives come to closure.
- To act as a conscience seeker of the company, monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action,
- To ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, statues and regulations,
- To ensure proper drafting and review of contractual agreements between the organization and other third parties,
- To play the role of a liaison officer between the company, external regulators and advisers with regards to legal and compliance matters,
- To maintain the company’s statutory register,
- To ensure proper use of the company seal,
- To carry out general legal research with regards to the company’s day to day transactions,
- Overall management of legal documentation,
- To watch brief for the organization in any court appearance and to provide the necessary updates in respect thereof,
- To oversee the process of due diligence checks at the lands registry and other necessary statutory regulatory authorities,
- To manage the relationship between the company and its service providers as pertains to the Legal Unit.
- To ensure the Legal Unit maintains a proper filing system,
- Managing compliance within the organization.
- Compiling on a weekly basis, the list of tasks being handled by the Legal Unit for priority and tracking purposes.
- Any other assignments assigned by the Company Secretary from time-to-time
- Basic knowledge in Company secretarial and legal advisory,
- Extensive working knowledge of the internet,
- Proficient in the use of Outlook and MS Office,
- Excellent research and drafting aptitudes,
- Good command of written and spoken English,
- Being adaptable and flexible.
- Having competent knowledge about legal practice,
- Great attention to details,
- Good analytical and organizational skills,
- Discretion when handling confidential information,
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team,
- Ability to equilibrate priorities and organize work effectively to meet deadlines.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- A University degree at minimum, Second Class degree or its equivalent in Law
- Must have been called to the Nigerian Bar; and must possess between 2-3 years experience either in the legal department of a Company or in a law firm.
- Candidate must be a member of the institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, or must be prepared to register with the institute and commence exams within the first 9 months of employment within the Organization
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply